1/48 Academy Israeli F-15I Ra'am + Eduard Cockpit PE + Aires ACES II ejection seat.

Looks magnificent mate. Shame about the paint cracking but I don't think it's noticeable in photos. What do you think it was? The paint not cured properly?

Paint was left for a few days. The light sand has the worst cracking over it and that was done first. Cracks are in the clear coat. It could have been the fact I sanded the paint and cleaned it then did the clear coat. Sanding might have released some gases from the paint.

I'm going to try some Alcald aqua gloss with the My hobby aqueous next time.

Amazing work and I like how you are able to correct the things you're not happy with. Modeller for about a year? You're a natural!

I'm not on here that often any more but I will try to follow you finishing this one up.

Erik

• Like 1

I love the paint job, very effective. Shame about the cracks in the clear, the thing is you know they are there. Anyone else will be blown away by finish of the whole thing and won't notice them.

Very impressive work on that paint job! It works really well over the pre-shading. I agree with toms111s - the slight imperfections in the clear coat won't be noticed by anyone but you!

:thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

**Update** - Weathering Part Two.

Been slow progress but have spent some time playing with oils and getting some stippling and streaking done.

Have a nice reference photo of a dirty F-15I for inspiration.

On the home stretch now.

DSCF0200.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

**Update** - Final Assembly Part One.

Weapons set assembled and attached to airframe.

Undercarriage assembled and glued into place.

I need to the undercarriage doors but will wait until the legs have set in place.

DSCF0204.JPG

• Like 2

**Update** - Final Assembly Part Two.

It's now up on sticks with the undercarriage doors sorted.

Final aerials and pitot probes sorted too.

Just setting up the canopy so it's removable. All that leaves is to finish off the 2 ejection seats. I can see the chequered flag. smile.gif

DSCF0206.JPG

• Like 5

**Update** - Ejection Seats.

The resin seats were cleaned and primed with Tamiya XF-19. Then base coated with XF-69 Nato Black. Then dry brushed with a stainless metalizer.

The coloured parts were picked out with various paints and the the decals applied.

DSCF0210.JPG

Then on to a couple hours of work on the fiddly photo etch parts.

DSCF0223.JPG

Not perfect but it will do.

Just need to paint the straps grey, seal the paintwork, apply a light wash and the sain coat at the end.

**Update** - Ejection Seats.

Bang seats all done. Used Mr Hobby Aqueous to paint the straps. Then sealed with alclad aqua gloss. Once dry, I sprayed some sand/dark dirt for some weathering. Then when the wash was dry, I cleaned it up and then sealed with satin varnish.

DSCF0229.JPG

Just need to fit the seats in the cockpit and on to the final reveal.

Edited by plasmahal

So the F-15I is now all done and final reveal posted here:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234983482-rfi-148-academy-israeli-f-15i-raam-eduard-cockpit-pe-aires-aces-ii-ejection-seats/#entry2016490

It's been a struggle at times and first time understanding when people say they have lost the 'Mojo' for modelling. I pushed through all the issues and got it finished.

Many thanks to all those who supported me and provided valuable feedback and words of encouragement.

cool.gif

Edited by plasmahal