A new Work in Progress - You choose...

Mark

1. He-177 10 Points

2. P-61 20 Points

3. B-26 12 Points

4. Lancaster 2 Point

5. Catalina 28 Points

Sorry Mike, no that doesn't help.... :frown:

Come on P-61 fans! Full build of the GWH kit with all the Eduard and Quickboost goodies thrown in along with after market decals. What's not to love about that??!!

I've done my best......

I guess.... I'll just have to .......make my...... own........ P-61

oh........oh........wait...

OH....OH......great!..... Great!!! :coolio::thumbsup:

Good luck with the very cool Cat!

Double Chocks away!

Thanks Will! I assume that you wanted the P-61 as 1st and 2nd choice? ;) So, another three points for the Black Widow! Let's get the P-61 up the rankings!

1. He-177 10 Points

2. P-61 23 Points

3. B-26 12 Points

4. Lancaster 2 Point

5. Catalina 28 Points

K, you missed out by 4 hrs and 11 mins!

Anyway, no rigging involved, just a bit of fun and the Catalina won fair and square! Yes, the P-61 has always been on my dream build list, especially with all of the aftermarket that I have accrued for it, but the Catalina will be adorned with lots of goodies too. I'll start a new thread and am looking forward to this one very much much indeed. The 1/48 did win the Squadron 'Kit of the Year' award in 1996, I'll see if I can do it justice!

The trouble is that the preference seems to be for a RAF Coastal Command aircraft. Does anyone know of any good reference material for a mk.IIIA Catalina? That is the amphibious version which I have, failing that I might just source the PBY-5 kit, which was the mk.IVA in RAF service and there are a lot more interesting schemes for that one.

Oh no! I come along just in time to be too late to vote and the P-61 is one of my all-time favorites! Oh well, I like the PBY too. Looking forward to seeing these come together!