What are your favorite hassle free/easy build aircraft kits?

Gekko_1

Hi guys,

I'm currently in the agonising process of finishing off the Trumpeter F.6 Lightning kit that has given me nothing but problems and challenges from the get go. So now I'm thinking about what to build next and realise I need to build something (jet or prop) that just simply goes together well, that I can build relatively quickly, that won't have me booking into local mental hospital upon completion! :banghead::hanging::frantic::crying::wacko:

So I'm looking for something that is relatively newish on the market, that is well moulded, well detailed, fits together well and won't kill off my interest through frustration.

Any suggestions?

Cheers

Richard.

Tamiya fits the bill for me. Read a few reviews on Tamiya kits & see if there are any you like the look of.

• Like 1

If you like 48th, then one of Tamiya's prop planes, like the F4U-1D (or similar), or Mustang, Spitfire V and so on.

for 72nd it is very hard to ignore these new little gems that Airfix just produced, like the Skyhawk and the Vampire T.11. Simply put they are little gems that take almost no time to complete.

Cheers

H.

• Like 1

How about the new Airfix 1/48 Gnat? Same era and the kit is great, nice and little also so shouldn't take too long depending on which paint scheme you go for.

Edited by Viper15
  • Like 1

If you are a post war 72nd scale person as already said Airfix Skyhawk , Airfix , vampire , Airfix Harrier ,Airfix Lightning Academy dragonfly . Only not in there as the kit is out of production but availabe Revell Hunter and Mig 21

I could think of more , though four of these are airfix who would have thought of that 10 years ago .

regards Glenn.

Edited by cardiff guy
  • Like 1

I can second on the Tamiya kits. I build their Do-225 destroyer (1:48) in record time (my personal record time - I finished it in a week which is is quite unbelievable) but still got a nice and impressive model in the end. I only added resin wheels (as I simply cannot build OOB no matter how hard I try - but you really do not need aftermarket bits on this) an used Tamiya spray cans for painting, leaving weathering to a minimum as this version was probably not very weathered.

The Tamiya P-51 kits can be done quickly too - especially if you do not do an NMF...

Rene

• Like 1

Built a Hobbyboss A-10 in 1/48th last year.

Great kit, great build, gear subject and a really enjoyable process to get an aircraft in my collection I've wanted for a long while.

• Like 1

Xtrakit sea vixen - after 10 minutes every other kit in your stash is a hassle-free easy build.... :)

Italeri MQ-9 Reaper - not many parts and no pesky clear bits to avoid getting paint on

Airfix F86 sabre - nice and straightforward, end result not bad looking

(All in 1:72)

• Like 3