Afternoon chaps,

Now it has most certainly been a while since I have posted here, after having a break from modelling over Christmas.

However, while getting back into the routine I have managed to bash up this old thing :banghead:

It's the first model I've made in a couple of months and the first I've made with clear parts/transparencies so the windscreen didn't turn out as I expected. It is also the first model with the "Wet Mud" effect using filler, brown acrylic paint and Klear.

It is built completely OOB apart from some additional extras in the trailer found in the Spares Box.

The next thing I'm building is a J-35J Saab Draken and a LCVP boat :)

Specs:

Willys Jeep With Trailer (USA)

1st US Infantry Division

Normandy, France

6th June 1944 D-DAY

Here she is :popcorn:

imagejpg11_zps1f4fb770.jpg

imagejpg4_zps01a385de.jpg

imagejpg6_zps8525ad2e.jpg

imagejpg3_zps6c4cb183.jpg

imagejpg5_zps0c74f0d4.jpg

Sorry if the pictures aren't up to scratch in quality, they were taken on my new iPad but they're alright I guess :)

Thanks for looking fellas please comment with improvements etc.

~Dylan

• Like 3

Certainly looks the part mate, nice job, I've not done this kit myself, might be one to consider in the future

Thanks a lot buddy nice to know people looking at it,

Maybe something less simple if you're not a total beginner like me,

I'm only just 14 and started modelling about 6 months ago and found this thing fantastically easy with no problems at all. :)

-Dylan

Cool jeep, it's tiny next to that paint pot! Pity about the star decal silvering on the bonnet, perhaps use some Klear as a decal setter over a gloss surface?

Nice work, would be great for dioramas.

Nice build of a cracking little kit.....Your mud is very convincing. :coolio:

Cool jeep, it's tiny next to that paint pot! Pity about the star decal silvering on the bonnet, perhaps use some Klear as a decal setter over a gloss surface?

It's not silvering.....The star has a sand coloured background. I think this Jeep may have operated in Sicily or Italy, the sand colour possibly being a legacy of earlier adventures in Tunisia. The Airfix box art reminds me very strongly of a series of photographs taken at Anzio.

Airfix1322Willys.jpg

• Like 1

Great job, I like the mud!

Thank you!

That isn't silvering, however the kit is very old. It's a 2004 reboxing of a Heller mould from a long time ago... It is meant to look like that :winkgrin:

Sgt Squarehead : -- Thanks for your comments and sorting things out :)