1/350 IJN "AKAGI"

In an unrelated sidenote, my family name (Biddiscombe) originates, I was told by my father, in Southwest England, Devon county. Biddiscombe is very unusual name in N. America, there are very few of us that I can find...have any of my UK friends here on britmodeller ever heard of the surname "Biddiscombe"? It "may" be a derivative (misspelling on documents upon arrival in N. America) of "Biddlecombe" or similar he was told, but we are not sure.

Thanks again for your input and comments about my model ship. -Tim

I know a quite large family of biddiscombes PM and I will give you more info

Rodders

BTW Fantastic build

Stunning, simply stunning. This has really grabbed my attention... Looking forward to seeing the progress and the bringing together of all of the sub-assemblies. I've got a couple of ships with many detail sets just waiting for the 'right moment'. I feel it may be sooner than I thought...

Tim, your PE work is outstanding, as is your patience with the numerous aircraft. My hat is removed in your general direction!

Hutch

• Like 1

After seeing this, the photoetch parts I could barely done for my 1/350 Visby jumped out of my work table in shame :D

you mentioned a generic foot rail PE set. I could do with one of those, so do you have any details?

Hi Ex. You can find the handrails I used here:

http://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/jnzwo74ty48wjdotus6m.html

**edit** but forget the "(Easy To Paste)" part of the item's name. That is a blatant lie. :)

Edited by ComfortablyNumb

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for your encouraging comments! And yes, Jockster...for the AA's I used a mixture of kit parts, Voyager resin parts and photoetch. Although I have been working quite a bit on the model lately, progress seems slow sometimes but here's an update pic. I have the funnel done and installed and some detail added to the starboard superstructure, but regrettably, I didn't take many photos of the work in progress. More pics to follow this week with more detail. THANKS FOR VIEWING! -Tim

IMG_2969_zps7a4649d9.jpg

Edited by ComfortablyNumb
  • Like 7

Progress seems slow? Tim mate, even those modellers not used to ship photo etch can see the unbelievable speed that your building this, and the accuracy, and the neatness, and the finish! You don't make me feel embarrassed about my work but inspire me to do better! Very entertaining thread.