Revell Embraer 195

Hi Upperdeck,

You must have a bad example. I picked one of these up yesterday and mine is fine.

The only place I can detect any sink is on the flap track fairings. It is not too bad but yes I will use a bit of filler.there. All the other parts are fine, and very nicely moulded.

Have you got any pics
Thanks

I've just done a few quick shots, so pictures are not the best quality but they show that my kit is ok;

emb7_zpsdffsrr3w.jpg

emb8_zps0texrqjo.jpg

Some details. No problems with the wheels;

emb3_zpsmks8bnio.jpg

Engines are ok

emb2_zpsl2si8qye.jpg

emb4_zpstnmmwflb.jpg

General details are very nice

emb5_zpsursylhxq.jpg

Glazing is ok;

emb1_zpsxyqcgngu.jpg

Here is the only problem, a slight trace of sink on the flap track fairings;

emb6_zpsm1elzbaf.jpg

And it is only slight, and not might not bother some people.

Hope this helps,

John

• Like 2

I've picked up a couple or more of these and my fleet seem to be OK. I too have the sink marks on the flap track covers and wheels and on top of the wings over the u/c bay (sounds quite bad when it's listed) but all else is fine. I like the model.

On the inside of the wing is the kit description and it's marked as "E195/E190". Will the shorter version be available at some future point?

Jeff

Edited by pinky coffeeboat

Looks like some whopping sink marks inside the engine fronts but nothing a bit of filler can't sort. From the photos and what Jeff writes it's very similar to the filling that's needed on the A320 family. I'll be in Glasgow next week and plan to pick one up if Scott's Models have any left.

Looks like some whopping sink marks inside the engine fronts but nothing a bit of filler can't sort. From the photos and what Jeff writes it's very similar to the filling that's needed on the A320 family. I'll be in Glasgow next week and plan to pick one up if Scott's Models have any left.

To me it looks like the marks are to represent the change of material from the intake lip skin to the inner liner.

There are some photo's in the walkaround section showing a Flybe aircraft that i took a few years ago now and this change is quite obvious in the intake pictures.

If anyone needs any more info please let me know as i have access to these on a daily basis.

Antony

To me it looks like the marks are to represent the change of material from the intake lip skin to the inner liner.

There are some photo's in the walkaround section showing a Flybe aircraft that i took a few years ago now and this change is quite obvious in the intake pictures.

If anyone needs any more info please let me know as i have access to these on a daily basis.

Antony

Thanks Antony. I'll wait until I see the kit in the flesh but in the photos the indentations inside the engine fronts are very like the sink marks you find inside the CFM engines in the Airbus A319/320/321. I'll be delighted to discover otherwise!

• 2 weeks later...

On the inside of the wing is the kit description and it's marked as "E195/E190". Will the shorter version be available at some future point?

Jeff

According to Danny at DACO, it will. I'd missed the but inside the wing.

I want a KLM 190 to join my 'planes I've flown in' (along with a Flybe 195 and a BA 170 (Maybe a Flybe 175 as well one day!)

My kit has some obvious sink marks on the outside of the intakes. Also, the huge runner attachment points from the Hawk have crept over as well

DSC_1941_zpsaa1gdwaj.jpg

DSC_1945_zpsttxanweh.jpg

Edited by Dave Fleming

Hello,

I purchased this kit a few days ago, what a surprise, the molding quality is really passable, at least on my kit. The only parts that do not show sink marks are the 2 fuselage parts, the 4 wing parts, the 2 stabilizer and the windshield. Everything else is full of sink marks, the main wheels are not usable as is. I will make a list of the flawed parts and send it with photos to Revell. Even if the kit is not expensive this lack of quality is a bad message sent to customers. Dacia cars are known to be cheap but you are never expected to fill its body panels with filler ;-). I can understand the principle of using filler on usual joints but not to cover such molding defects. The decal sheet, however, is wonderful and I am starting to understand why the boxart is so tempting ;-)

Not sure I understand this……suspect you have a duff kit. I recently purchased two of these and neither show any signs of the extensive sink marking you describe….maybe I got lucky ?

Finally got hold of one today. Moulding quality is generally OK in my example although the sprue attachment points are going to need careful removal. As I suspected there are huge sink marks inside the engine cowlings but nothing that some Milliput won't fix. It's going into the stash at the moment while I finish other stuff but I'll probably start it in a couple of months.

Another data point re quality.

I got two kits from Wonderland Models. Although they were in the same order, I noticed that they had different price labels so they could have been from different batches/stock.

The first kit has shallow sink marks on the flap track fairings, and two miss formed main wheels (one is missing the brake detail on the inside of the wheel and the other has miss formed hub detail on the outside).

The second kit has sink marks on the wing tops (shallow), engine intake rings inside and outside (very deep), engine cowlings (shallow), exhaust cones (deep), flap track fairings (some shallow, some deep) and again one miss formed wheel. I've contacted Revell asking for replacement parts. They might as well send me a whole new kit!

None of the above are irreparable, but the quality control on this one seems to have failed big-time.

Roy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Dragging this up from the last few months, today I bought another E195 kit and have to report that the sink marks I had on my first models I mentioned previously were NOT on this new one. The wheels were pretty much perfect, the wing tops show no sink marks at all; the flap mechanism covers and engine intakes still had some sink marks but are considerably shallower than before. It may have been simply an initial moulding problem that's been resolved.

Just thought you'd perhaps like to know.

Jeff

My experience mirrors yours Jeff - the only significant sink marks on my kit were inside the engine fronts. One wing lower half was warped but it wasn't difficult to straighten it when joining it to the upper.

I've had a letter back from Revell saying the parts have been ordered from their German parts dept, and should be with me in 4 to 6 weeks. So it's certainly worth contacting them.

Update,

I received two complete sets of sprues today, my wife tells me. Sealed kit bags but obviously no decals or instructions. It'll be a couple of weeks before I'm back home to check them out but I think that's a pretty good result.

Roy

Great news this, have only just seen this! Would be awesome to get BA Cityflyer colours for it :)

BA Cityflyer uses E190s, not E195s. The conversion wouldn't be difficult but there is a rumour that Revell may be planning an E190 - see post 33 in this thread.

Incidentally I'm well underway with an E195 which I'm planning to finish in Royal Jordanian colours. So far it's been a straightforward build with no more problems than I'd expect from a Revell A320 or B738. The only serious sink marks were inside the engine front cowlings and Milliput and Mr Surfacer easily took care of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Update,

I received two complete sets of sprues today, my wife tells me. Sealed kit bags but obviously no decals or instructions. It'll be a couple of weeks before I'm back home to check them out but I think that's a pretty good result.

Roy

To round out my experience, I've had chance to look at the two complete kits that Revell sent me, and none of the previous many flaws are present. Strangely, though, the half-sets of wheels (for the gear-up version) have pear-shaped hubs rather than the perfect circles in the original kits. It's of no concern to me as I build mine gear-down. Just odd.

Edited by buzz