Tamiya 1/72 - Il-2M3 - FINISHED

AC_Rus

Hello.
Here I have tried to complete the model airplane, I started a year ago, but delayed for some time.
Thus, I have:
Tamiya 60781 kit - IL-2.
Added: Eduard - photoetched set, Aires - stabilizers, Brassin - pipes and wheels.

Sturmovik_review_00.jpg
I choose option I.F.Pavlov pilot (6 GvSHAP, 1944). All made 248 sorties, showing great skill stormtrooper brave, skillful scout and valiant commander. The attack on the enemy suffered heavy losses in manpower and equipment in the aircraft shot down four enemy planes.
image.jpg

image.jpg
image.jpg
To date, my model is as follows:
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
The next step is to process the wing, glued canopy, and to restore the missing line panels.
Regards, Alex.
Edited by AC_Rus
  • Like 5

Alex,

WOW ....That cockpit is absolutely SUPERBLY done.. :heart:

It Looks like the real thing with its intricate wiring and detailed workmanship... OUTSTANDING work there ... :worthy:

Alex you chose a grand scheme to do... :wow:

Look forward to more of your LOVELY WORK.. :mike:

Edited by HOUSTON

I made some minor elements. This landing light, bombs and rockets.

UBT machine gun from the firm Miniworld, made of brass.

Tomorrow I will post photo of model before applying the primer.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by AC_Rus
  • Like 4

Model is ready for priming and painting .
Made several important elements . This pitot tube ( steel tube 0.4 mm) , the antenna input on the fuselage , landing light , and more.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
  • Like 3

I don't know how I missed this build, but excellent work on the Il-2! One thing I notice are the lightening holes on the fuselage opposite where the elevators fit - I don't believe the Il-2 had these. This part was wooden and an integral part of the wooden rear fuselage, not metal, and it would not have had the lightening holes.

Regards,

Jason

Drawings are not to be trusted, period. The Prague-Kbely example, although it has a replica wooden fuselage, has been rebuilt at least twice. Restored examples are not to be trusted either. I have looked at some of the Il-2 photographs I have and this area is wooden on Il-2's (with wooden rear fuselages) and without lightening holes. Below I post some GPW photographs showing this:

Single-seaters (the second photograph shows the wooden nature of this part of the fuselage):

IL-2-1-SeaterwithShotupTailplane_zpsa1bf

IL-2-1-Seater-CapturedwithRearFuselageDe

Straight-Winged Two-Seater:

IL-2-2-SeaterBeingRebuilt-FromScalemodel

Arrow (admittedly not the best photograph, but it does not appear to show any lightening holes in the part of the fuselage next to the elevator):

IL-2-Arrow-ProductionLine-CloseupofTail_

If you have any GPW photographs that show otherwise, I would love to see them.

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
  • Like 1

Dear Jason, your pictures have convinced me to remake it on the model.

Tomorrow I will.Yesterday and today I have been busy painting model.

Here we have the following result.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
  • Like 2

Beautiful painting, Alex! I'm glad that my photographs could be of some use to you. As you might have guessed, the Il-2 is a particular interest of mine (I have even written a book on the Il-2, which will hopefully be published this May). What paints did you use? They look good.

Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
  • Like 1

Thank you. I used enamel for cars company SpiesHecker. The colors got himself when necessary mix shades.

I'm not very keen on IL-2, I am more interested in USAF aviation. But Tamiya produce excellent model, so I decide its build.

You're welcome, Alex; wherever you got the paints, they look good! I especially like the AMT-4 Green - I think that's an excellent match to the original Soviet colour. The 1/48th scale kit is even more-detailed, of course; I bought it, and I don't normally do 1/48th scale. I usually do 1/72nd scale, and the Tamiya kit is the best Shturmovik kit in 1/72nd scale. Since they scaled-down the 1/48th scale kit to 1/72nd scale, I wish they'd scale it up to 1/32nd scale. I would most definitely buy that, no matter how expensive.

Regards,

Jason

Plated model thin layer of gloss varnish Future.

Apply decals.

Complete bombs and rockets, and the propeller.

Make the right tail portion (remove relief of a rib elevator).

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by AC_Rus
  • Like 1