Dornier Do 215 B-5 Nachtjäger, ICM 1/72

Excellent work. I rather like the Dornier night fighters - especially the 217. That looked seriously mean!! Revell are releasing a 1/48 Do 215 night fighter this year. Definitely one for the stash!

Allan

Kai - this is close to witchery :yahoo:

As someone who has conquered this kit in 215 B-4 guise with quite some effort I'm still completely blown away by your result !

One thing left to ask - how do you think did the crew enter the cockpit?

I very much doubt the 20mm gun pack and acces door could be swung down for entry ...

Congrats again - would love to be able to see your collection in the flesh.

Rolf

@ all: Thank you very much for your words.

@ popeye: The answer to your question is very simple: The entrance into the cockpit is the former lower rear weapon station (C-Stand). There, the entrance ladder is attached.

Cheers

Kai

Edited by Mr. Hudson
  • Like 2

Kai

That is AWESOME, simply AWESOME. How on earth did you have the patience (never mind the skill!) to turn what looks like a a plastic pig into an incredible replica of a very complex aircraft and then apply such a nice finish to it?

Cheers

DC

That’s it!!! I’m taking up knitting and quitting plastic modelling!

Seriously?! You sir have truck loads of modeling talent/skill! That particular kit may never get out of my shelf of doom. To see it even built is amazing enough (sorry ICM!), but to see it at this level, wow! Winner in my book.

Thanks for posting and inspiring us mere modelling mortals!

• Like 1

Hallo Kai!

When I see the progress pics of the build, I can say that is not far away to an absolut worthcast. When I see the result of the plastic parts, I give you my respect for this stunning work. One of the best Dorniers in this scale. You could be proud of it. Udo.

Building the antler horns ( radar ants.) alone would have stopped me from proceeding with the whole build and for that i would like to congratulate you for presenting to us at Britmodellers a superb Dornier night fighter.A good start on the first week of 2015.

Besten Dank, cheers, Rolf

@ popeye: The answer to your question is very simple: The entrance into the cockpit is the former lower rear weapon station (C-Stand). There, the entrance ladder is attached.

Cheers

Kai

Superb paint work and modelling, its just a shame there are no Swastikas like there should be, but living in Germany you would not be able to show your model off there with them on as they are banned.