Sea Harrier FRS.1 - Kinetic 1:48

luis pacheco

The whole test shot does look like it's been thrown together. Just look at the angles of the pylons. I also hope they provide more representative weapons loads, especially for post Falklands aircraft. I never saw a rocket pod, let alone loaded one between 1984 and 1991. Whereas we loaded loads of CBLS, Sidewinders, 8" Lepus flares, Sea Eagle, plus 100 and 190ig drop tanks.

Seriously !?

People can judge accuracy and if it meets high modelling standards from pics and cad images on a computer screen,? my goodness me a vortex generator missing from a wing ? the grey makes the nose look different ???????.......i'm beyond the capacity for rational thought after reading this

Beam me up Scotty

Totally agree….I also have it on good authority that this manufacturer have gone out of their way to make regular contact with a number of Sea Harrier experts AND have taken on board constructive criticism about some of the original design flaws with the first CAD drawings/test shots of the kit. I would, therefore, be most surprised if there are major accuracy issues with the kit given the time and trouble that has been taken by manufacturer and advisers alike to get it right. Time will tell, of course.

• Like 1

Latest Kinetic Facebook update:

The Harrier that we showed earlier this week is indeed the FIRST test shot, so you can expect corrections to be included in future updates - stay tuned for the adjustments we we move this toward production later this summer/early Fall!

So time to remain constructive and let Raymond know what should be changed?

• Like 1

The whole test shot does look like it's been thrown together. Just look at the angles of the pylons. I also hope they provide more representative weapons loads, especially for post Falklands aircraft. I never saw a rocket pod, let alone loaded one between 1984 and 1991. Whereas we loaded loads of CBLS, Sidewinders, 8" Lepus flares, Sea Eagle, plus 100 and 190ig drop tanks.

I wouldn't mind them including the LAU155's as they would be used on other projects Shar2 :winkgrin:

Good point. It would be good if they included the Sunshine bomb too, as long as they get the adaptor right, but that would probably be a bit controversial these days.

Good point. It would be good if they included the Sunshine bomb too, as long as they get the adaptor right, but that would probably be a bit controversial these days.

Dave being a ex RAF plummer, with instant sunshine being part of RAF when I was still in. It would be great for other kits including them too

• 1 month later...

Well, they got that box art wrong. A pre 1982 SHAR paint scheme with a post 1989 Invincible class. Not that I'm criticising the artist, but really. :winkgrin:

• Like 3

Dave, any pics of Lepus flare?

I'm wondering how it looks under a SHAR since I read Ward's book in the early 90's.....

Try this link, http://www.flightglobal.com/pdfarchive/view/1970/1970%20-%200427.html

This shows 3 flares on a triple ejector rack for the Viggen (Lepus was a Bofors product) http://www.flightglobal.com/FlightPDFArchive/1972/1972%20-%203333.PDF

There seems to be very few actual photos about. I seem to recall the harrier SIG had some info on them.

At 3 million candle power I bet it burned HOT!

We only ever loaded one flare per outer pylon, none of this triple rack.

I did point out the triple rack was for a viggen, still shows the flares though.

That, albeit incorrect, box art certainly brings back memories......first tourist at RAF St Athan when we started to accept the early FRS.1s on their first post acceptance modification programme with 3 (Engineering) Squadron before that was abruptly halted half way through by a certain Argentinian General. We had to hurriedly put them all back together (well most anyway) before the USMC/USN and RNZAF exchange pilots (who were not given permission to sail with the Fleet) completed the ferry flights from Saints back to Yeovilton. Ten days later (or thereabouts) they were onboard sporting their not so smart low visibility colour schemes and markings for the long trip South.

Still the wrong scheme for the era of ship. I guess having one from the home of the SHAR is ok, but I wish they'd give us an 8oo NAS cab post Falklands, preferably when based on Illustrious or Invincible.