Apologies in advance if these should be their own individual categories and will adapt if so.

Here are a selection of my builds involving Flying Boats and Float Planes since restarting model-making a few years back after a break of around 35 years.

1/72 Airfix Junkers Ju52/3m finished as a WHIF, used by the Regia Aeronautica on Rhodes in late 1940

AirfixJU52-6.jpg

OOB Build. (I had posted this previously in a Junkers thread but seemed appropriate to include it here as well as it has floats! :) )

1/72 Airfix Short Sunderland III with Wrapround Camouflage.

AirfixShortSunderlandIII.jpg

OOB Build with slight scratch cockpit. Roundels from Original Kit, Lettering from Revell Heyford

1/72 Airfix Supermarine Walrus in USN Colours.

Walrus-1.jpg

OOB Build, but missing canopy glass. WHIF scheme.

1/144 Airfix Boeing B314 'Clipper' in wartime BOAC Markings.

39321721.jpg

OOB Build.

1/72 Matchbox Heinkel He-115 FloatPlane as a Swedish TB-2.

0ad8e5fa57d6f8919e8b808a65de0d34.jpg

OOB Build. Roundels & Lettering from Airfix Mosquito J30 kit

This is my first Airbrushed model and really like the finish that can be achieved over (my) brush

1/72 Airfix Auster AOP (kit #01023), represented in a fictional Swiss Flying Doctor scheme.

WP_20141103_002.jpg

OOB Build with slight cockpit "clutter" added. Decals raided from spares box

Lovely little kit to build :)

1/72 Matchbox Dornier Do G/Do-18 Flying Boat (Kit #PK-409), finished as a Deutsche Lufthansa South Atlantic Mailplane.

WP_20141122_004.jpg

OOB with slight mods to convert kit to more accurately represent civilian service.

• Like 5

Excellent all around! Floatplanes are difficult to get right, but you nailed it!

Funny how a convertible Walrus looks just right! It would have been fun to fly like that!

JR

Excellent all around! Floatplanes are difficult to get right, but you nailed it!

Funny how a convertible Walrus looks just right! It would have been fun to fly like that!

JR

Thanks. That has given me an idea as well... I could just put a windscreen on the front of the Walrus.. Plenty of aircraft of the era had open cockpits still, so would not be that out of order :)