Honduran Sabre Finished!

Thanks again for all your very kind comments.

I do the paint chipping by using an aluminium paint as my undercoat and when the camouflage is finished I carefully use a sharp blade in my scalpel to "chip" through it to reveal the aluminium, just like the real thing!

I am working on the final bits, which always seem to take a long time, and will be giving the model a coat of matt varnish tomorrow.

Hopefully she will be finished by the end of the week.

Craig.

• Like 2

Well she is finished and back from the studio (the table in the back room).

There's not much change from the last photo really, just some weathering, a matt coat and the last few bits added on. I have really enjoyed building this kit and would recommend it to anyone who wants a nice hassle free build which results in a good looking and accurate model.

I will let the photos speak for themselves.

sabre%20finished%20001_zpswlwwpjri.jpg

sabre%20finished%20002_zpsxnc3sum3.jpg

sabre%20finished%20003_zpsxcr4hfnd.jpg

sabre%20finished%20004_zpsjiydap9r.jpg

sabre%20finished%20006_zpsmsdozstk.jpg

sabre%20finished%20007_zps1n33vsvx.jpg

sabre%20finished%20008_zpslftgdlgt.jpg

sabre%20finished%20011_zpshahoixew.jpg

As usual all comments and criticisms are welcome and thanks for looking and your support during my first group build.

Craig.

• Like 7

Thanks for all your very kind words guys, and for your encouragement along the way.

Although I am very new to Britmodeller I have to say that I have really enjoyed taking part, and I am really impressed with the wide variety of subjects that have been chosen, everything from between the wars biplanes to modern multi-role jets and in some cracking colour schemes as well.

I may even put forward another build but I have a couple of other builds I need to force myself to finish first.

Craig.

• Like 2

I want to, But I better clear out some other more urgent projects first. among a kit I signed up for in this GB. Plus the Sea King STGB starts next month with a conversion and a Host job that needs my full attention. My new years resolution is not to start new projects other than GB entries and reduce my Cabinet of Doom to be the Shelf of Doom. Plus completing what I signed up for in various GB's. Last year was a total embarrassment not completing a single GB entry

• Like 1

Thanks for your very kind words Tom, they are greatly appreciated.

If I get the time my next build for this group will be right up your alley, a Mig-21 from Mozambique.

Henrik I know what you mean, I really have to pull my finger out and finish a couple of other builds I have on the go and then hopefully I can get stuck into my Mig (one of my favourite aircraft that for some strange reason I only have one model of, I must do something about that!)

Craig.

• 1 month later...

That is a really lovely result you have got there. I have been tempted by this kit and I much prefer this scheme than any I have seen on a sabre before. It looks the muts nuts. I can see me doing one of these some time soon.

Id love the know what colours you used for the greens.

Cheers Rob :)

• Like 1