Spitfire MK IX

Aerofix

Some advice please. I want to build a 1/32 Spifire, a MK IX in particular. I am back to medelling after a really long lay off and would set my skills level at average. I would like to add a bit of detail i.e. resin and PE. Having been disappointed lately with an Italeri Mustang, I would like something that fits with minimum of surgery and also is not wildly expensive. Any suggestions folks? Happy new year David.

1/32nd IX?

You have two choices for an OOB,Tamiya or PCM

But this are not realy 'easy' kits do get the feets wet, because of high part count or multi media parts. Anyways, both will be outstanding builds.

But this are not realy 'easy' kits do get the feets wet, because of high part count or multi media parts. Anyways, both will be outstanding builds.

Quite true my friend,but other than that our man is looking at a conversion job on a Mk.Vb airframe.

He asks for not wildly expensive and something that fits with the minimum of fuss,so that's

50% there with the Tam.Spit,it apparently fits like a glove.

Edited by Miggers

That'd do it Don,but is the Paragon set available cheaply and is the conversion easy enough for

someone describing himself as "an average modeller"?

To you or I,it's meat and drink with our skills and tools,but to our man who's just returning to the fold?

• Like 1

Tamiya, hands down.

Yeah, it's not the cheapest. But the fit is incredible, the skill level required is fairly low (just take a little care and you'll turn in a stunner) and it's far and away the best Spitfire in 1/32.

Best part? It's already got all the PE you really need and the only Resin that's really useful is a set of wheels (although there are some nice detail sets available)

Tamiya all the way, great value, in terms of modelling hours/cost, plus it is a modern kit and the fit is superb.

PCM kits can be rather challenging and a conversion from the old Hasegawa kit even using the superb Paragon kits is not easy, I've build two Paragon/Hasegawa conversions a Mk VIII and a Mk XII, they are definately not easy builds.

Cheers

Dennis