Miscellaneous Newark Air Museum News 2015

NAM Updater

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I went to the museum over this last weekend (Saturday) and it's changed, in a positive manor, from what I remember. A lot more refined and felt a lot nicer to look round than before. My only sadness is that the Draken and Viggen are so far away from each other. However, I've been to the Flygvapen Museum so I shouldn't complain haha.

The possibility of bringing them (Viggen & Draken) together in Hangar 2 has been discussed but at the present time the logistics of moving so many delicate airframes out of Hangar 1 to allow the Draken to be moved has stopped it becoming a reality.

If it did ever happen it would also perhaps mean splitting up the Swift & Hunter in Hangar 2.

Decisions, decisions - something to ponder on a wet Bank Holiday Monday here in Nottinghamshire.

Thanks also for your other comments!

I can report a good visit to NAM. The museum is great. Be prepared to spend some money in the shop as its got a better stock than some model shops including a few different brands of kit, and different paints. The ladies who run the shop are also very helpful.

The café is also excellent. It is always good to get a decent cup of tea, and slice of cake when away on these visits.

A walkaround of the museum to show what is on offer will follow soon.

Julien