Tamiya 1/48 Corsair RNZAF

Here are a few of the better images of my 1/48 RNZAF Corsair. It is OOB Tamiya kit with Ventura Decals markings for 'Tutae Wera' NZ5416 used in both No 3 and No 30 Servicing units RNZAF.

P1170153.jpg

P1170156.jpg

P1170161.jpg

P1170154.jpg

Here are my completed Corsairs so far.

P1170170.jpg

• Like 12

I'm happy to call this a tutae wera Kiwi Corsair in the strictest translation of that term & be happy that the site sensor won't ping me. :)

This in spite of the thread Troy has linked to, in the way that many areas of modelling colours/markings have changed over the years as new information has come to light, so has the perception of the colours of RNZAF roundels as the linked thread shows so clearly, so even though the roundels are what we would now see as the incorrect shade, the job you've done with them is a cracker & to be fair, they did get the the different colour bar edging correct, the Kiwi roundels being painted over the Stars on one side & entirely new on the other with a different shade of blue in the bars. The current Ventura set of RNZAF Corsair decals which include your Tutae wera, reflect the new info available on the roundel colours though the scrap view on their PDF doesn't look unlike the shading of the older roundels. :unsure:

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz

Lovely build David

great collection of Corsairs

Though you might find this thread of interest though

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234969085-rnzaf-roundel-blue-and-electric-blue-decals-some-background/

in Particular Alan/LDS comments on Corsairs.

Peter's comments as well. The correction of this error was the result of his research.