Beautifuland inspiring!

Only ever remember them flying as the Merchantman.

• Like 1

Thanks guys for your appreciation, it is much appreciated, I think my next model will have to be the VC10, as I have the old Airways Vacform kit, I was thinking of making a military version, but keeping everything that is at Brooklands museum, will probably be the VC10 they have their, but in the original scheme BUA

Just realised though my photos are a bit grainy as I have noticed I took them with a high ISO, but to late to change and also I think gives it a aged look, anyway thats my excuse

Thanks for looking

Kev

Just looked at it again Kev and I can't wait to see the VC-10 progress.... hopefully there will be a thread?

I saw you mention the C-141 Starlifter too somewhere, maybe that can come out to play one day..

• Like 1

This is fantastic. I remember these screeching in-and-out of Liverpool Airport (when we used to call it Speke Airport), when I was (considerably) younger.

Wonderful model. Well done sir.

Ian.

• Like 1

Kev,

Not a regular here, but became aware of your excellent work on the Vanguard just today. You are incredibly skilful and resourceful and you've brought your talents together remarkably to create such a fine model.

Congratulations ! :goodjob:

• Like 1

I'll say it again................

This is the best kit I've seen on BM, the best,well done,very well done.Love the Neoprene radome effect,the Y beam scribing (cant have been easy) the Tyne cowling detail,the windows,airstairs,I really love the whole thing.

Why has one side got vortex generators inbd of No 2 engine but not inbd of No. 3 ?

Top detailing, first class full stop and happy New Year Kev! If thats all you did in 2014 it was enough!!

Thanks again for everyones kind words, sorry I can't thank everyone individually.

bzn20, I think the vortex generators were done that way, because of the effect the props caused through buffeting and only found on the port side, but I am sure there is someone who knows more about this stuff than me

Radleigh, I will be doing a thread on the VC10 but need to get loads of info and photos from Brooklands plus scale up some plans I have to 1/72, would like to do the military version, but will probably either be Caledonian/BUA or just the BUA VC10

Cheers

Kev

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

This model actually got me to join Brit. I bought the kit and a C-133 from Gene Hooker himself and went looking for reference on it. It's still not built because I had no home for it. Hopefully in the next couple of years I'll have display cases for the bigger planes, that's my plan. I want to use this info as reference for it. Still haven't decided on AC or TCA.

Edited by busnproplinerfan