Thanks guys for your appreciation, it is much appreciated, I think my next model will have to be the VC10, as I have the old Airways Vacform kit, I was thinking of making a military version, but keeping everything that is at Brooklands museum, will probably be the VC10 they have their, but in the original scheme BUA

Just realised though my photos are a bit grainy as I have noticed I took them with a high ISO, but to late to change and also I think gives it a aged look, anyway thats my excuse

Thanks for looking

Kev

• Like 3

I've said it before Kev, but I don't mind repeating myself, that is an absolutely magnificent model - truly the best airliner model I've ever seen. Simply stunning! I'm really glad to have been able to have a look at it at Telford, it really was a joy to see!

Thanks also for taking the time to share your build thread, that was a really good read too!

Happy New Year

Keith

Edit - I was posting as you were - really looking forward to the VC10..!!

• Like 1

Holy smokes, that is absolutely outstanding, what a stunning model. Both of my parents worked at Edinburgh airport before I was born and had many dealings with these beauties, it is a very elegant aircraft in my opinion.

Incredible work, would love to see this on a show table to fully appreciate the work that's gone into this.

Eng

• Like 1

Hi Kev,

Like I said to you at Telford, the model of the show for me! and now the model of the year on Britmodeller! Nice to see it fully finished.

I'm considering swapping to 1/72 for my airliners because, as you've demonstrated in bucketfuls, the level of detail possible in the larger scale makes all the difference. I love being able to see through the windows it makes it so much more 'alive'!

I remember you said your wife didn't allow you to display all your models in the house, please keep this one out on show it's too good to be locked away in a box.

Looking forward to watching the VC-10 take shape.

Ian

• Like 2

Kev, this is quite simply magnificent. I love the detailing, I love the crispness of the finishing and I love the subtle weathering. I could happily look at it for hours - and I'm not even an airliner fan :)

• Like 1

Kev, this is quite simply magnificent. I love the detailing, I love the crispness of the finishing and I love the subtle weathering. I could happily look at it for hours - and I'm not even an airliner fan :)

Thanks Fritag, but I think your detail you are adding to your models is 10 times better than my attempt.

Hi Kev,

I'm not at all surprised this took you a while. It's magnificent!

You may have only completed one model in 2014 but what a memorable model it is. The attention to detail is second to none and every aspect of the model shouts class at the top of it's lungs.

I'm not particularly into airliners but I certainly admire those who build them and can clearly recognise supreme skill when I see it.

Now you've got me looking forward to 2015's model with eager anticipation.

Great job. Thanks for taking the time to share your project here.

Cheers.

Edit: Although it looks like I've cribbed off everyone else's posts I actually posted my response immeadiately after viewing the photos of the model. Now that I've gone back and read all of the other comments I realise I have just been re-iterating what everyone else has said. Neverheless, it all bares repeating so I make no aplogies ;)

Edited by geedubelyer
  • Like 1

What a terrific model...as a side note, watch this and listen to those RR Tynes... :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmakSwlYLs0

Thanks Andy

there is another video on Youtube that shows the start up of the RR Tyne engines at Brooklands, I had posted it already on my build post but I think it sounds so good I'll post it again, to see both engines at full, skip to 4.34 minutes in the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuzLS35IzVc

• Like 3

Wow, what a stunner. Kev this is the best completed vacform model that I have ever seen.

It is so good that if you had said that it was an injection moulded kit, I would have believed you.

Full marks and well done Sir.

• Like 1

Kev,

What a massive surprise to see your Vickers Vanguard finished. :speak_cool:

I went to check it out as it was on MY thread radar.. :thumbsup:

It has been absolutely lovely to have followed your WIP on this beauty and SHE IS QUITE A GORGEOUS Dame .. :wow:

it will be hard for anyone else to match your skills and details... TOP NOTCH....

Kev you have set a VERY HIGH STANDARD and the BEST AIRLINER so far for the beginning of the year..

I have been floored by your STUNNING, OUTSTANDING build...FLAWLESS WORK and now she looks like the REAL Thing... BRAVO :yikes::yikes::yikes::heart::heart::heart:

SO what is next in your different plethora of stash ?! maybe an INDIA airliner :wicked:

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME ....

KUDOS :worthy::worthy: :worthy: :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

{Kev I didn't have any LIKES left but will amend that later.... :devil: }.

HOUSTON :D

• Like 2

I'll say it again................

This is the best kit I've seen on BM, the best,well done,very well done.Love the Neoprene radome effect,the Y beam scribing (cant have been easy) the Tyne cowling detail,the windows,airstairs,I really love the whole thing.

Why has one side got vortex generators inbd of No 2 engine but not inbd of No. 3 ?

Top detailing, first class full stop and happy New Year Kev! If thats all you did in 2014 it was enough!!

• Like 2