1/72 Blackbird Lincoln Conversion - Masks off!

woody37

MR.31 :sick:

Might tape it on just for you though to see how it mightr look if I lost my marbles!!!!

I thought the actual extension was just taped on. Using military grade duct tape, of course.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

For one night only...just for Jason, I present Nosey Bonk, the MR.31...actually, I quite like it in a strange sort of way, but not enough to glue the extension on :lol:

55_zpsefda5f3f.gif

And how it was designed in the first place!

56_zps3e11f847.gif

Cheers

• Like 8

I think there was a small pub in that nose extension. Big enough for it, anyway. That might be a model where you have to put weight in the tail to prevent it from being a nose-sitter.

Regards,

Jason

• Like 5

The pilot view over that huge nose must have been hideous. Imagine trying to taxy...

Yeh. Might be potentially dangerous that. Imagine trying to land....oh hang on - no need to imagine :)

https://acesflyinghigh.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/10_squadron_townsville_jan_1956_lincoln_mk_31_a73_69_fuselage_structual_failure_on_landing.jpg

BTW. Great work Neil. Of course that goes without saying really - which is maybe why I haven't until now......:)

Edited by Fritag
  • Like 1

Yeh. Might be potentially dangerous that. Imagine trying to land....oh hang on - no need to imagine :)

https://acesflyinghigh.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/10_squadron_townsville_jan_1956_lincoln_mk_31_a73_69_fuselage_structual_failure_on_landing.jpg

BTW. Great work Neil. Of course that goes without saying really - which is maybe why I haven't until now...... :)

Wonder if that was on the 3rd or 4th bounce? :)

Is there anywhere you can buy the conversion set besides the website? No offence to Blackbird models but they need to at least put half an hour into designing the web page :)

I didn't have any hassles ordering a Highball Mosquito set & decals the other day, it would've been one of these if I could afford it, a bit later I think. I've used far worse sites than this, the search function works OK, I could see how much post was before I committed to order ( I bluddy hate that. :angry: ) quite modest too, take a wander about it, its not so bad really. :)

Steve.

Does the Mk.31 come in this conversion? I love that long nose! Hmmmmm........... You're not hanging around with this build either Neil, looking great so far.

Hi mate, yes, it's just an extra plug for the nose, not that you'd be able to see the interior, but it's fully framed in the single piece moulding, quite a piece of casting.

Is there anywhere you can buy the conversion set besides the website? No offence to Blackbird models but they need to at least put half an hour into designing the web page :)

Dave, Glenn (Blackbird01) is the owner of Blackbird models who posted above, so could could pm him.

Do agree Glenn, hope you get your website updated soon, I think this is going to be a busy year for you :)

BTW. Great work Neil. Of course that goes without saying really - which is maybe why I haven't until now...... :)

Ouch, someone had a lot of paper work to do after that flight!

Cheers for the comments guys. A very enjoyable build so far to fill a gap in the Avro series that I'd been planning to do for years.

Now then Jason, didn't know you had two Lincoln conversions on the go (You mentioned in Propocius's post). You have a responsibility to your followers on Brtitmodeller you know :fight::lol:

• Like 3

Now then Jason, didn't know you had two Lincoln conversions on the go (You mentioned in Propocius's post). You have a responsibility to your followers on Brtitmodeller you know :fight::lol:

I have followers on Britmodeller?!

Regards,

Jason (who is currently contemplating going to his car to find the Lincoln conversion hidden in the boot)

• Like 1

I have followers on Britmodeller?!

Regards,

Jason (who is currently contemplating going to his car to find the Lincoln conversion hidden in the boot)

I'm hoping that one day you will give in to the pressure and finish all these Avro kits off he he!!!!!

Some immaculate work going on here. If you modelled the broken back one as a diorama then you wouldn't have to worry about the tail angle! Coat time...

Regards,

Adrian

I remember Don (can't remember his username) did something similar with a Lancaster diorama a few years back, it was excellent.

Got the nose on last night and just taken some pictures with most of the big bits dry fitted in place. A bit more tidying up to do, but the wings will be going on permanently today I suspect

60_zpse3858196.gif

57_zps2709f471.gif

59_zps820fa7f5.gif

58_zps1ccb89c1.gif

Not far off the painting stage now :)

• Like 10

I remember Don (can't remember his username) did something similar with a Lancaster diorama a few years back, it was excellent.

I think I saw that model at the Newark show! I'd quite forgotten.

Ready for paint?? Wow.

Regards,

Adrian

Edited by AdrianMF

Very fast progress Woody, if I ever did a Lincoln it would have to be this one

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Rolls-Royce/Avro-694-Tyne/1569391/L/

Rolls Royce Tyne engine test bed Lincoln, shows how powerful the RR Tyne was, the picture shows it only been powered by this one engine at the front

Or this one, both aircraft from my boyhood 'Spotting days' and cycling up to the hangars with no security and guys saying "we've got the new Delta bomber ( the Vulcan VX770)) in there, do you want a look.. (Langar c1950's)

Tollerton c1956.

img452_zps88f4b834.jpg

• Like 7

Cheers Colin,

Where do you live now? I keep threatening to meet up with Tony

Hi Neil, turn left out of Cape Town, 500km east in Sedgefield. I reckon you'd put a big smail on Tony's face if you turned up. We met for the first time after emailing for some while at Telford 2013, great guy.

Your build is coming along nicely.

Colin

Edited by heloman1
  • Like 1

Colin,

SA is a few clicks away from Sale then Colin!

Been a while since I was up your way. Made me chuckle, many years ago we hired a car in Cape Town and drove up (or down, can't remember which!) the M6 to Llandudno, although this one was much warmer than the Welsh one! Still have a picture of the road sign somewhere!

John, that thing must of been quite a beast, I presume there was a lower pannier as oppose to a full height interior given the bomb bay roof being structural?

Cheers

Neil

Yes Neil, just few clicks away for Sale. The coast along form Cape Town is very nice, all those little fishing town and unfortunately like any other big city has become expensive, loud and most of al dirty. If you are into craft beers it's awash with new breweries.

Keep up the good work on the Lincoln.

Colin

• Like 1