Heller 1/72 Constellation

Solar Panel Phil

Hi Philip,

I'm glad you asked, as I didn't remember that I had that number! I'll send you the article in a few hours. The article is from Herr Kappner, if I am not wrong he was the one who was selling resin parts for Connies some years ago, including a conversion set to a L-1649

Carlos

• Like 1

Hi Philip,

I'm glad you asked, as I didn't remember that I had that number! I'll send you the article in a few hours. The article is from Herr Kappner, if I am not wrong he was the one who was selling resin parts for Connies some years ago, including a conversion set to a L-1649

Carlos

I still have that resin set (big and somewhat rough wings). I should really revisit my intended Connie series one of these days....

• 2 weeks later...

I still have that resin set (big and somewhat rough wings). I should really revisit my intended Connie series one of these days....

I was looking for a Starliner wing. I think I saw a picture of the wings you have on IPMS Germany I think. i contacted them and said they haven't heard from the guy who made them for some time. I was going to make a set from two 1/48 U-2 wings, but the U-2 is not a true 1/48 and small. I might try make them from wood.

I was looking for a Starliner wing. I think I saw a picture of the wings you have on IPMS Germany I think. i contacted them and said they haven't heard from the guy who made them for some time. I was going to make a set from two 1/48 U-2 wings, but the U-2 is not a true 1/48 and small. I might try make them from wood.

I have one of those Kappner Starliner sets; I'll probably never get around to building it. PM me if you're interested in it.

Yes, Kappner. I also had his 1:72 G-38. Always wanted to do that airplane in my scale, but although they were huge chunks of resin, calling them ... rough ... would be an understatement. I sold it on a couple years back. I seem to remember the Starliner wings being more manageable in terms of buildability, but that may just be since I haven't looked at them for a while.

Yes, Kappner. I also had his 1:72 G-38. Always wanted to do that airplane in my scale, but although they were huge chunks of resin, calling them ... rough ... would be an understatement. I sold it on a couple years back. I seem to remember the Starliner wings being more manageable in terms of buildability, but that may just be since I haven't looked at them for a while.

I just saw a video of Kermit Weeks G-38, I think it was, strange airplane. Would be fun using all ten of your hands and five elbows and three eyes to hold all the struts, wings, tail etc. while the glue sets. Even if the Starliner wing is rough, it's hopefully a good start and pattern.