72nd scale Airfix rag wing Hurricane Mk.I- 85 Sqn, Battle of France

Hiya Folks,

Here is another model from the batch which I have recently completed, this one being the new (ish) Airfix rag winged Huricane Mk.I in 1/72nd scale. The wing section behind the gun bays was actually metal skinned to allow access by the armourers but the kit has fabric rendition here, so it was sanded smooth and re scribed to make it look better. the doghouse fuselage section behind the cockpit was also sanded slightly to allow the canopy to be positioned in the slid back position.

As usual the model has been brush painted using various acrylics but like the large scale Spit the white lower wing was done using rattle can white as this is quicker and easier than brush painting white. Decals are mostly from Xtradecal and the 5 spoke wheels are resin items from Freightdog models;

DSCF2504_zpsf3ab946d.jpg

DSCF2503_zps30273b50.jpg

DSCF2506_zps7ddb4ba5.jpg

DSCF2505_zps6e58bb66.jpg

DSCF2488_zps0f6caecb.jpg

DSCF2489_zpse999f813.jpg

The original fuselage roundels are finished in pre war colours with the addition of a yellow ring while the fin flashes and upper and lower wing roundels have been applied or modified later so are finished in wartime dull colours.

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 23

Very nice as usual. Brush painting is an art and you are a very good exponent of it. Air Brushing is all well and good but at the risk of being burnt at the stake or excommunicated I wish more emphasis was put on the good old hairy stick used well it produces superior results and more pride in your craft.

• Like 1

You're a one man modelling machine Tony! I wish I could finish in a year what you turn out in a week! And if they were anywhere near your standard I'd be a very happy bunny!

Superb little Hurricane, beautifully finished as usual!

Keith

Great build...(the "as usual" is implied).

When looking at your painting skills, it gives me hope to improve, knowing it is achievable!!!

Congrats

JR