Revell 1/32nd Spitfire Mk.I, new kit Barracuda bits etc. Dunkirk era 92 Sqn

Hiya Folks,

Just in the middle of finishing a batch of models and here is another, the new Revell Spitfire kit built as a Mk.I of 92 Sqn using Barracuda fabric ailerons, radiator and oil cooler, wheels etc plus Xtradecal decals and an MDC etched pilots harness. Hand painted by brush using various acrylics although the white lower wing was done using a white rattle can.

DSCF2472_zps526a7b0a.jpg

DSCF2475_zpse918ee11.jpg

DSCF2473_zps54051241.jpg

DSCF2474_zps09f17cd5.jpg

DSCF2479_zps1c5795a8.jpg

DSCF2480_zpsc77b9cf2.jpg

Unfortunately one of the flaps was short moulded so it looks like a mouse has had a couple of bites out of it but it is hard to see and can be put down to battle damage. I wasn`t very keen on the seperate armoured windscreen which doesn`t fit the fuselage well compared to photos of the real thing but otherwise, and considering the faults with accuracy which are well known, t is still quite a nice kit,

Hope you like it?

Cheers

Tony

• Like 28

Beautiful Spitfire Tony and stunningly excellent brush painting! I'm looking forward to having a go at one of these Revell Spitfires at some point and there seems to be quite a few fine examples, like yours, appearing on here for me to use as a guide - so thank you for posting!

Kind regards,

Stix

Fabulously Spitfireish Spitfire! Hard to believe that impeccable finish is actually brush painted – just goes to show how good it can look when someone in the know holds the brush.

Only nag: Spitfire flaps were very seldom in the down position, except during the landing phase until all wheels were on the ground or during extensive servicing. Anyway, if they need to be portrayed down, the flap actuators would be visible on the top wing surface, pushing up that pointy little cover between the wing root and the aileron. Just sayin'…;-)

Superb modelling otherwise!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thanks everybody, glad you like it!

Damn,....I knew that I`d forgotten to do something when I dropped the flaps,.......I had meant to open up the doors on the upper wing but forgot to. I know the flaps were usually retracted on the ground but I like the aircraft with the flaps down, it is my model and they were dropped on the ground for work to be done, such as BDR on the chunks which were missing from the kit parts.

Cheers

Tony

• Like 2