Two for 2014 - one of them eclipses everything I've done...

KiwiBob

Hi all

Last year I managed 30 completions (not all started in 2013) - mostly driven by the Auckland IPMS Club holding the NZ IPMS Nationals in September - so lots of incentive to finish what I had started.

This year I completed one model (under duress...) - a tricky resin build of a theoretical Russian flying sub - the LPL Flying Submarine:

DSCF2043_zpsdae61391.jpg

DSCF2039_zps0fb513c2.jpg

DSCF2046_zpsf54ee09b.jpg

But my greatest achievement in 2014, in fact in my life so far, and the reason I got bugger all else done, was the arrival of my 1:1 Scale, fully functional, WIP - Madison Grace. Born Aug 1st at 9am weighing a healthy 3.65kg. The result of 15 years of various fertility treatments, surgeries, poking and prodding - and the end to my modelling as I know it so I've been told. But given the choice, I know what I'd have...

Here she is at 7 hours old:

IMG_0049_zpsfafbe229.jpg

And here she is on Dec 27th aged 5 1/2 months trying out her new high chair.

IMG_0587_zps97be11ac.jpg

Yeah yeah I know you all want to look at planes, but hey....

Cheers all from NZ

Rob

Edited by KiwiBob
  • Like 2

Congratulations Rob, she's a little beauty! Our daughter Becky presented us with our first Grandaughter Brooke just a couple of weeks after Madison Grace arrived - great, aren't they?! (even better when you can hand them back when they start screaming!!)

I like your Russkie flying sub too - but it must have been fun trying to submerge if they couldn't get rid of those floats... :bleh::D

Have a great New Year!

Keith

Two fabulous creations, and it's not necessarily an end to modelling for you either.

My daughter Megan Grace, coincidentally, was born in August 2010, she certainly has reduced the amount of modelling time I have, but I still manage to sneak in a few hours here and there. Meg even tries to help dad now and again.