What on Earth is Procopius building these days? -OR- I am Curious (Beaufighter)

Procopius

That was a cracking build thread from start to finish PC, and the end result is a lovely Beau (even if it is not my favoured variant - there can be only Mk.I!)

I do hope you will either start another or continue this thread ad infinitum with each new build.

Very happy new year to you and Mel :bye:

Cheers,

Stew

Thanks on all fronts, Stew, and hopefully a pleasant new year is a-brewing for you and Jack in the Hibernian wilds.

I'd love to do a Beaufighter I, but they really are the rarest of the kitted marks; I have only ever seen one on a store shelf and it was full RRP...ulp!

In other news, my workplace is likely sending me on my first-even business trip, to Houston in February! It's warm in Houston, that's all that matters.

• Like 4

I've just read this thread all the way through, in between making a batch of ciabatta. What can I say? I am lost for words ...

Here in Australia we have the only suitable wine for you lot:

http://ilikewine.com.au/red-wine/shiraz/barking-mad-shiraz. A very pleasant way to wash down a steak ...

Aye! We demand pictures!

Seriously though, I have been following this with interest.

At some stage I have to build a 272Sqn Beau MkVI (since I am now O i/c 272 Sqn ATC).

Sadly mine will be based around the Frog kit since the Hasegawa is like rocking horse doppings around here!

Regards,

Debs

• Like 1

Aye! We demand pictures!

Seriously though, I have been following this with interest.

At some stage I have to build a 272Sqn Beau MkVI (since I am now O i/c 272 Sqn ATC).

I think my boxing of the Hase VI actually has markings for a 272 Squadron Beaufighter VIc. I have a Beaufighter source, or have had, anyway; I'll keep an eye out for you.

I've just read this thread all the way through, in between making a batch of ciabatta. What can I say? I am lost for words ...

I have that effect on people, especially my boss.

Oh handsome young Procopius - we need an update. More pictures!

I'll see what I can do -- the grotto currently looks like a squatter's hovel, if a squatter loved model airplanes, so I'll be cleaning it up tonight; absent a high level of ambient light, it'll be hard to get decent photos, and, of course, with my skill level, merely getting there is most of the fun. However, that being said, It's supposed to be -37 C tomorrow and Mrs. Procopius has forbidden me from going into the city, so I'll be working from home. So chances aren't terrible!

• Like 1

I think my boxing of the Hase VI actually has markings for a 272 Squadron Beaufighter VIc. I have a Beaufighter source, or have had, anyway; I'll keep an eye out for you.

Another Beaufighter you say? Good, I'm glad you agreed to do another to keep this thread going. I'd really enjoy seeing an Azure/Earth/Stone ship killer come to life amongst the banter. I ordered two masking sets from that other Eduard today, so my Mk. X's might just see the slightly fresh air and CFL glow of the basement workstation. Ironically, or coincidentally I've cleaned and reorganized my work space in parallel. Even built myself a new paint rack despite the stinging cold outside in the saw zone.

Speaking of stinging cold, -37? Yikes. Will feel like -23C here tomorrow, so no adventures beyond the front door for me. That window looks drafty. Ugh.

Heavens, that is a massive transformation of the work bench. Full marks there. So, I was looking around, shopping if you will, for ideas for things modellers use. I recognize most items, except the copious amounts of blue liquid on the right. Windex? ( Windolene)

Only items I can boast that I did not see in your set up, are Band Aids ( Elastoplast ) and Hydrogen Peroxide ( no Dettol this side of the pond ), which sadly I have had to use with very little notice at times, bloodstains being such an awkward item to explain away.

Cheers,

Mike

Heavens, that is a massive transformation of the work bench. Full marks there. So, I was looking around, shopping if you will, for ideas for things modellers use. I recognize most items, except the copious amounts of blue liquid on the right. Windex? ( Windolene)

Yep! I use it to clean my airbrush out. I understand some people also use it as thinner, but the blue tint makes me nervous.

Only items I can boast that I did not see in your set up, are Band Aids ( Elastoplast ) and Hydrogen Peroxide ( no Dettol this side of the pond ), which sadly I have had to use with very little notice at times, bloodstains being such an awkward item to explain away.

Well now you've jinxed me, Mike, and I expect they'll be fitting me for a rubber hand soon enough, but I've so far been fortunate enough to avoid major injury from the hobby.

Another Beaufighter you say? Good, I'm glad you agreed to do another to keep this thread going.

Er, well, I want to build it this year (I want to build every kit I own this year), but I try not to start a kit until I finish what I have on the bench, and I have a Lancaster there at the moment. I'm debating whether to continue this thread or start a new one for it, or simply to do this one on my own time, as I worry my questionable charms may be beginning to wear a little thin and as I'll have rather less spare time than I did during the week(!!!) I built the Beaufighter.

• Like 2

Thanks on all fronts, Stew, and hopefully a pleasant new year is a-brewing for you and Jack in the Hibernian wilds.

I'd love to do a Beaufighter I, but they really are the rarest of the kitted marks; I have only ever seen one on a store shelf and it was full RRP...ulp!

Hi PC,

Thanks you kindly, we are settling in to our new flat rather well, he already considers it his territory and is outraged if another dog urinates on his street.

I know what you mean about the Mk.I, I had to settle for a VI and the AML tailplane set but even including the Aires cockpit set it was still cheaper than buying the boxed Mk.I.

BTW I've got the Cutting Edge decals for an 93 Sq RAAF Beau 21 A8-112 which I won't be needing - I got the set for the decals for Cunningham and Rawnsley's Mk.I - I don't know if that was the sort of thing you were looking for but let me know if you are interested.

And I thought my eagle aircraft-recognition eyes detected a Lanc on your workbench... go young fellow and make sport with it!

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1

I know what you mean about the Mk.I, I had to settle for a VI and the AML tailplane set but even including the Aires cockpit set it was still cheaper than buying the boxed Mk.I.

AML makes Beaufighter I tailplanes? Well well well!

Thanks you kindly, we are settling in to our new flat rather well, he already considers it his territory and is outraged if another dog urinates on his street.

Good, good, a dog's flat is his castle. He's right to feel this.

As for the decals, oh my heavens, yes please! Let me know if there's anything you'd like to swap for them.

• Like 1

AML makes Beaufighter I tailplanes? Well well well!

Here they are mate, there's no picture on the site but I have mine here, they look like quality resin and don't add much to the bill...

I'll sort the decals out and post them tomorrow as I haven't any jiffy bags or sufficiently serious envelopes at present... won't be long :bye: there's nothing I need thanks, happy to contribute to the greater good :D

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 2

A tidy workbench and a spiffing Hasegawa Beaufighter, the stuff of dreams for most folk. Very nice job on the model and entertaining WIP. A Lanc next, well I must get my 110G4 finished so it can protect me from your Vermot.

Duncan B

A new thread might be easier for those

with thinner addled minds to comprehend.

And it would stop the management muttering

about use of bandwidth.

Besides, Now you have to think up a witty

new title for it.

Good quick answer about that blue stuff.

That should scotch the rumours that it's

anti freeze that you drink as you model.

Er, well, I want to build it this year (I want to build every kit I own this year), but I try not to start a kit until I finish what I have on the bench, and I have a Lancaster there at the moment. I'm debating whether to continue this thread or start a new one for it, or simply to do this one on my own time, as I worry my questionable charms may be beginning to wear a little thin and as I'll have rather less spare time than I did during the week(!!!) I built the Beaufighter.

Nothing to worry about, that is why we all keep showing up. What brand is the Lanc you have there? Maybe it's the fact that I have had less than one coffee working against me, but I don't recognize the boxing! All I know for sure is that it is in the gentleman's scale.

I agree with you regarding the want to get everything done. I think I will have to shed a few kits in direct proportion to the diminishing room I have left to store them.

Okay, best I can do:

10398687_912809238743889_755085649617611

1621801_912809265410553_3622963712534037

10926428_912809292077217_267074706475226

10537717_912809152077231_418234016515975

10502062_912809165410563_709621523304688

10897935_912809212077225_502333500352565

I put the hedgehogs on wrong.

I had a filling fall out(!) today, and had it replaced at the dentist's. Now the local is wearing off, and I'm going to bed.

• Like 9

Looks pretty good now

Oops about the hedgehogs and I thought you are the hedgehog go-to man round here too

:)

Seriously looking good now, all that collector ring working has made it look like burnt metal

Completely got rid of the "paint it coppery" look that frightens me

Hope you feel better and unwooozy when you get up refreshed

Great Beaufighter :thumbsup2:

b

• Like 1