Tribute to Ray and Mark Hanna.

Superb tribute to Ray and Mark. Two exceptional airmen. Ray however in my opinion was by far the best of them. I was privileged to see them both display but Ray was out of this world. I fear we will never see the like of him again.

• Like 2

Absolutely brilliant and I feel sure these two great pilots would have been very impressed with this fine tribute. Mark Hanna and I joined the RAF at more or less the same time and our paths crossed a couple of times when he was on the F-4 Phantom Force and I supported them on several detachments. I think the figures are a very good likeness and really set this model and display apart from others.

Well Done !

Tiger,

many thanks! I am chuffed that you think my figures look like Ray and Mark, cheers for that!

Hi Darren,

Yes, still working on my MH434. It's one of those kits I come back to when I get bored/frustrated with other models so it's very much a long term project and I don't think you will have any competition from mine.

Wishing you a happy and healthy New Year

John

Hi John.

I'd love to see how your build is coming along, I know what you mean about a long term project though, mine took over two years to complete! I wish you and yours a happy and healthy New Year,

All the best,

Daren.

Excellent work and a fitting tribute.

You should be very proud.

Tony

Awesome work! :)

Outstanding tribute.!

I love it.

I can only echo all the comments made above.

A stunning example of superb model making and a fitting tribute.

Well done.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks chaps for your comments-very much appreciated.

Superb tribute to Ray and Mark. Two exceptional airmen. Ray however in my opinion was by far the best of them. I was privileged to see them both display but Ray was out of this world. I fear we will never see the like of him again.

Paul,

you are absolutely right, we will never see their like again. It was always a real pleasure to see them and 434 together.

Awesome model!

Wonderful work and a great tribute, one to be really proud of.

Superb, a very fine tribute indeed, and something you should feel very proud to have done, it really is of the highest quality,

Sean

What a great piece and tribute. Thanks for sharing.

Rod

Beautiful build and a wonderful tribute - thanks for sharing it with us.

Thanks all for your kind words! This is one build I certainly am proud of as it means so much to me. Thanks for taking the time to stop and let me know your thoughts. Much appreciated.

I really like this, it's a brilliant idea and a nice tribute to Ray and Mark.

I have been fortunate enough to see both in the sky at the same time, Ray in MH434 and Mark in the Hispano Buchon G-BOML chasing each other round the skies of Duxford a year or so before Marks crash in Spain.

Both exceptional pilots that brought some amazing aerial combat scenes to many films and at air shows too.

Excellent work, and I like the look of the figures you scratched to represent them too!

Rich

• Like 1

Superb work. Is this just for you or a commission or maybe a museum such as Duxford? Great stuff though. I wonder if anyone ever did something similar for Neil Williams? Having read 'Airborne' in the late 70's then the chapter about MH434 is fascinating. Reading 'Aerobatics' a few years later certainly scrambled my mind!!

Simon

• Like 1

I really like this, it's a brilliant idea and a nice tribute to Ray and Mark.

I have been fortunate enough to see both in the sky at the same time, Ray in MH434 and Mark in the Hispano Buchon G-BOML chasing each other round the skies of Duxford a year or so before Marks crash in Spain.

Both exceptional pilots that brought some amazing aerial combat scenes to many films and at air shows too.

Excellent work, and I like the look of the figures you scratched to represent them too!

Rich

Many thanks Rich! I was fortunate enough to both Ray and Mark flying too at airshows around the UK, I always enjoyed seeing them at Duxford, great days and wonderful memories.

• Like 1

Superb work. Is this just for you or a commission or maybe a museum such as Duxford? Great stuff though. I wonder if anyone ever did something similar for Neil Williams? Having read 'Airborne' in the late 70's then the chapter about MH434 is fascinating. Reading 'Aerobatics' a few years later certainly scrambled my mind!!

Simon

Thank you very much Simon! This build is just for me, my earliest memory of being at an airshow was being amazed by my first sight of a Spitfire in flight, it was Ray Hanna flying MH434. His high speed, low level passes right in front of me sparked something inside of me, from that day on I became facinated with Spitfire's and the men who flew them. In later years, this became a hobby and a passion.

I have always wanted my own Spitfire, or at least build one worth looking at. When I was given the Tamiya 1/32 Mk.IX, I knew immediately I would have the chance to build 434 as I remember her from my younger days.

In fact, here is a photo I took that very day I first saw her................

MH434_zps7e67249e.jpg

• Like 1

Superb.

Keith

A superb build of both an iconic Spit and two of the greatest characters ever to grace the British aviation scene.

A fine tribute.

Pete

Wonderful build and a fine tribute, very well done!

Thanks Chaps! Very much appreciated!