Painting Guide For AFV of WWII and Modern Era - Casemate UK

Julien

Painting Guide For AFV of WWII and Modern Era

Jose Luis Lopez Ruiz - Casemate UK

afv001.jpg

It has been a while since this reviewer switched from AFV modelling to aircraft. I found I could never really achieve the results I wanted, and this was in those pre-internet days of long ago. I do wish there had been books like this then. The book is what I would describe as medium/large format in an A-4 portrait sized book with a soft cover. There are 82 high quality pages. The printing is excellent through out, with clear text and great photographs illustrating the various techniques.

Jose Luis Lopez Ruiz is a world renowned Spanish modeller who is a major contributor to The Steelmaster Magazine. He is a very talented modeller who has spent years developing his own techniques. In this publication we are introduced to his "Black & White" technique which has to be seen to be believed.

afv002.jpg

As well as explaining the "Black & White" technique the book covers;
  • Primers
  • Layering
  • Paints (Enamel & Acrylic)
  • Washes
  • Varnishes
  • Pigments
  • Primers
The second half of the book then show cases five builds from WWII and the modern era to demonstrate the techniques discussed earlier. The photographs are clear and the text is concise. A gallery of completed models completes the book.

afv003.jpg

Conclusion
This is a great learning guide from a top class modeller. While you might not stick to one specific technique as shown, the book provokes thought as to how the individual modeller might make use of the techniques on show to finish their own model. Highly recommended, it might even spark the reviewer into making AFVs again!

bin-new.jpg

Review sample courtesy of
logo.gif

• Like 1