Hasegawa F.6, done old school. 'Coz it's cool.

Thanks Nimrod. Sadly, this isn't going to quite make the cut-off. I've been detail painting and all that, but there's no way I can get her decalled and finished in time - real life is just not going to allow it (and the paint is still soft...). Oh well. I'll post photos when I do get her completed, warts and all. Probably later in the week. If I'd had the 2 1/2 days I missed due to work, all would be done. Never mind, it's not the end of the world. On with the Lesser Built Air Forces GB, I have months and months left on that one!

• Like 5

Sorry mate

But you are not the only one who didn't finish, guilt as charged as well I'm afraid.

I see you are doing the Lesser built Airforces GB, great we can nag each other to finish this one, what are you going to build and when are you going to start.....

Or are we going to finish the Lightnings first ?

Cheers Pat

• Like 1

It's looking really nice in the grey colour scheme, for an old kit they scrub up really well don't they.

Duncan B

I'm actually surprised by how much I like her in grey - for my money, the F.2As in green are the bomb, followed closely by anything in nat metal (the 2 colour upper camo is hideous, IMO), but the grey has grown on me. And for an old kit, they do indeed scrub up well - I'm considering finding another and throwing all the resin and etch at it that I can find, plus some rescribing, just to see what can be done. However, I think that Airfix may have made Hasegawa's version irrelevant, and I do have one each of the Airfix kits (so far... although I do also have a pair of the 48th F.2A/F.6 kits and no less than 4 of the other version. My name is Rob and I have an addiction. :D )

Sorry mate

But you are not the only one who didn't finish, guilt as charged as well I'm afraid.

I see you are doing the Lesser built Airforces GB, great we can nag each other to finish this one, what are you going to build and when are you going to start.....

Or are we going to finish the Lightnings first ?

Cheers Pat

Never mind, worse thing happen at sea, as my old Grandad used to say (He was RNVR during the war.) I'm going to let my Lightning sit for a few days to allow the paint to cure properly (and because I'm back out to work on Wednesday), then I'm going to do some judicious sanding and repairs, to pretty it up a bit. Then it'll be getting finished before I start another GB, I think.

For the Lesser etc GB, I have a selection of Latvian marked a/c to choose from (late WW1 and between the wars types), and I'm also doing a Super Tucano from Mauritania, if the Big H ever get the decals back in stock; that's what happens when you hesitate. However I have decided that in between doing new stuff for GBs, I will be working on reducing the large quantity of half built kits on the shelf, so before I start the LBAFGB, I'm going to finish off my Trumpeter F-107A - unconventional single seat fighter, somewhat like the Lightning. It's mostly there, just needs paint and dangly bits adding, so it will be a quick study. I hope.

Shame that you didn't quite get there Rob, but well tried all the same. I look forward to seeing the finished result.

Shame indeed, but I had fun. Thank you to all who looked over my shoulder and commented, I appreciate the support! This one will be finished soon, hopefully over the coming weekend.

• Like 4