Christmas Day

This posting is the result of too much good wine over Christmas and my son Dylan's enthusiasm.

The aircraft was built OOB, or should that be OOC (Out of the Cracker)

It is moulded in 2 colours just like the matchbox kits of old, complete with spinning prop and wheels that turn, what more could you want, photos as built ready for its maiden flight across the dining room table.

imagejpg1_zpsb47d8a97.jpg

imagejpg2_zpsa7fc0287.jpg

imagejpg4_zps9a18e7b1.jpg

Disaster struck on the maiden flight crashing into the cheesecake, fortunately it came down within paddling distance of a mandarin orange segment so the crew survived.

imagejpg5_zps0471605c.jpg

Happy Christmas everyone

Cheers Pat

• Like 34

Looks like this was an epic flight, to an exotic faraway land with odd customs. Was this the discovery of The Islands of Orange, rising from The Cheesecake Sea ?? If so, it appears the intrepid pilot had to traverse a rocky beach to reach the mainland. The question is- was this a good place to be marooned? Are there daring souls who have gone before and can speak of sampling the odd combination of oranges and sweetened cheese ??!

• Like 2

Looks like this was an epic flight, to an exotic faraway land with odd customs. Was this the discovery of The Islands of Orange, rising from The Cheesecake Sea ?? If so, it appears the intrepid pilot had to traverse a rocky beach to reach the mainland. The question is- was this a good place to be marooned? Are there daring souls who have gone before and can speak of sampling the odd combination of oranges and sweetened cheese ??!

Thanks everyone, I hope no-one minds a bit of fun at Christmas, not wishing to detract in anyway from all the serious quality postings on here.

NavDoc what can I say, great post, the only thing I think you missed was rather than a good place to be marooned, it could have been macarooned instead !

We have snow up here this morning, life can be great sometimes.

Cheers Pat

• Like 2

My Son got the same one although it crash landed in my wine!

Duncan B

I crash landed because of the wine, about half six it was, straight onto the sofa.........neeeaaa bang!

it knocked me out cold for a couple of hours! :pilot:

but I came round, all be it a little groggy & persevered

• Like 1

Thanks for all the nice comments guys.

At least it managed to avoid the sprouts.

The aircraft rose majestically on the hot thermals provided by the sprouts, only to be dashed as it hit the cold front provided by the cheesecake, falling like a stone and landing with a squelch, if that's the correct term for crashing into cheesecake ?

...how Mrs JOCKNEY laughed as the light aircraft nosedived into her cheesecake.... :lol:

Fortunately Mrs Jockney was away from the table at the time, and the crater left by the impact was skilfully hidden by a piece of mandarin orange, the cover up was completed by ensuring Gran was an accomplice by eating the evidence later on !
  • Like 2

Nice build Pat, but the fuselage looks a little short to me and the shape of the wings is a bit off, sorry to put a dampner on the build mate :-)

Happy Christmas Simon

I've had a lot worse said about my builds !

On reflection it looks a bit like a Westland Wallace, with its top wing missing, thoughts ?

Nice build Pat, but the fuselage looks a little short to me and the shape of the wings is a bit off, sorry to put a dampner on the build mate :-)

Still, it's a start and if we all try hard, we might make a modeller of him yet!

Martin

• Like 1

Obviously not an aeroplane to be trifled with.......................

I heard the pilot was taken into custardy...

Great stuff, come on everyone there must be more Christmas Cracker jokes and dodgy puns to be posted !