It's not what your "Eggspecting!" Pics added 18/01. FINISHED

I will be entering this GB with an Hasegawa Eggplane P-40 ( when it arrives from S Korea). In my first GB (Lightnings) I started to name the Pilots of my builds, so to continue the theme this will be built for
Capt Sam O'Nella.
He likes nothing more than to be contemplating the chicken & egg, waiting to be scrambled, daydreaming of dogfights where his mastery of the control yoke is legendary!
Sorry getting my coat.

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Like 6

Day one progress.

All parts washed & dried. Prop cut & painted, spinner first coat of matt red & cockpit has had a coat of zinc chromate.

Let's be honest it's not going to be the most challenging of builds but there is detail to be added, & panel lines to be scribed.

Best get cracking!

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Like 1

After a little poking from dazdot, here are the first pictures,

IMG_0753_zps973d1777.jpgIMG_0754_zps512a5a0d.jpgIMG_0756_zps4c94623b.jpg

Introducing Capt Sam O'Nella

IMG_0757_zps7d0254ef.jpgIMG_0759_zpse86f6f39.jpg

His gear may seam a little more jet age than usual but his P-40 is a little "egg-ceptional"

Painted so far,

IMG_0760_zps5bc1f8c4.jpgIMG_0761_zps29047508.jpgIMG_0762_zpsbae6e01d.jpg

Last pic is of the cockpit tub & seat. Some detail to be added here.

I shall now take my eggs-it & carry on.

Edited by Hockeyboy76

So from the last picture in the previous post to this,

IMG_0763_zps3d272c16.jpgIMG_0764_zps2dcaa9b6.jpg

And after a little fettling

IMG_0765_zps39294b43.jpg

Shall let that dry & get some paint on.

After all this I am Egg-zorsted!

Little progress today. Sidewalls & seat have been painted interior green & the added detail picked out. I have also been comming up with a cunning plan to added the engine cooling flaps. More to follow.

Also just musing over whether the underside colour is duck egg blue? Better Egg-ucate myself with the Humbrol colour charts.

Edited by Hockeyboy76
  • Like 1

Well after two hours spent in the cold man cave ( not paying for heating down there) what have I achieved?

Fuse sides are joined, sandwiching the cockpit & radiator nicely inside. Radiator rear flaps made & added.

A nice pile of plastic dust from seam sanding. Why do I always struggle with seams?!

Pics added tomorrow.

I thought this would be an egg-spress build.

• Like 1

Today has seen the egg plane progress to the paint shop. Undercoat applied & seams checked. Happy with that, the underside has had its first coat of blue.

Capt Sam O'Nella has been removed from his casting blocks & had his boot reattached.

Hopefully tomorrow will see the topside painted & some more work on Sam.

Today has been a " Good Fryday!"

• Like 1

Another weekend almost gone.

The Egg plane has had its camo applied & is drying as we speak. U/C has been painted & assembled ready for final fitting. Same for the spinner. Capt Sam O'Nella has had his arms attached & a first coat of paint.

To do list,

A coat of Future,

Decals,

Future,

Weathering,

Final bits & Bobs attached,

Matt varnish

Finish Sam O'Nella (over easy)

• Like 1