1/48 - MRCA Tornado GR.Mk.4 by Revell - released - new Black Dog detailing sets

Homebee

Future Xtradecal sheet

- ref. X48204 - RAF Tornado GR.4 Retirement Schemes 

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/X48204

• Tornado GR.4 - ZD716 ‘DH’ - crewed by Flt. Lt. N. Shawyer and Wg. Cdr. M. J. Bressani - 31 Sqn - RAF Marham - March 2019
  • Tornado GR.4 - ZG752 - crewed by Sqn. Ldr. I. Dornan and Sqn. Ldr. S. Beardmore - IX(B) & 31 Sqn - RAF Marham - March 2019
  • Tornado GR.4 - ZG775 ‘AF’ - crewed by Wg. Cdr. J. D. Heeps and Sqn. Ldr. C. A. Bostrom - IX(B) Sqn - RAF Marham - March 2019

X48204.jpg?t=1550164683

V.P.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Anyone aware if theres any plans to re-release the Gr4 boxing any time soon? It's been sold out everywhere I've looked for a good while now. I was halfway through a build that stalled then got damaged in a house move.

4 hours ago, Muzz said:

Anyone aware if theres any plans to re-release the Gr4 boxing any time soon? It's been sold it everywhere I've looked for a good while now. I was halfway through a build that stalled then got damaged in a house move.

I was really hoping Eduard would release a Ltd Edition to accompany the ADV but no joy as yet and I’m now glad I managed to bag one from a fellow BM’er last year which I now intend to apply the above decals set to. Just not sure yet which scheme to do. Like my Tomcats, too many decal schemes to do, too few kits (for now at least).

• Like 1

You have to think that’s the plan provided Revell have allowed them the GR4, I’d like to think they never released the GR4 first as they were waiting for the retirement schemes so they could be in a GR4 boxing later in the year?! Wishful thinking perhaps.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...
36 minutes ago, Stephen said:

There's a Revell advertisement in the August issue of Model Airplane International showing the GR.4 farewell boxing.

Noticed that too, due the 31 August I believe.

Hoping it's going to result in some new decal sheets of up to date schemes but nothing yet.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Muzz said:

Looks like the release has been put back (no surprise) as Jumblies is saying kits now wont be dispatched until 30/09/20.

Interesting. Wonderland here in Edinburgh are showing as available from 20th August.

Guess I will pay a visit on Thursday just to be sure!

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/08/2020 at 21:54, Muzz said:

Looks like the release has been put back (no surprise) as Jumblies is saying kits now wont be dispatched until 30/09/20.

And Jumblies now saying 31 October!

@Homebee 

It's in stock at Hannants as my backorder has just pinged. Looks like the first I'll know of decal schemes will be it appearing on my doorstep.

Cheers,

WV908

EDIT: Found the kit cheaper elsewhere so I'll be waiting a bit longer!

• Like 1

Seems Revell have made a bit of a mess of this, problems with supply for the release date meant they couldn't fulfil all orders. They apparently decided to postpone the release date until 18/09/20 but some kits were released to distributors by mistake. Thus the kit is out in small numbers but should be available from the 18th.

So, someone (not me) has managed to get hold of one of the early escapees into the wild from this Tornado run and the boxing contains decals for all three farewell schemes (as per the Xtradecal set) but only one set of the Tornado silhouette decals, as opposed to two in the Xtradecal set. 

Cheers,

WV908

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

that is exactly what you get!

On 9/12/2020 at 4:33 PM, WV908 said:

So, someone (not me) has managed to get hold of one of the early escapees into the wild from this Tornado run and the boxing contains decals for all three farewell schemes (as per the Xtradecal set) but only one set of the Tornado silhouette decals, as opposed to two in the Xtradecal set. 

Cheers,

WV908

For kit decals I actually do not see a reason why to include 2 Tornado silhouettes, you can only build one model form the kit anyways.... for the Xtradecals set this is of course different!

and the Revell set comes with full stencils, different for both schemes.

Cartograf printed if I am not mistaken

Z4I6eUo.jpg

291Vz5C.jpg

1NcghJU.jpg

apart the kit seems exactly to be the same as the previous GR4

nice to have it available again!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My 'kits' arrived today too! Pre ordered two kits back in January when release was expected in August. Obviously kit delayed and no sign of my pre order, wasn't expecting it until the end of this month. I needed a kit for the Tornado Warning GB, seen a company had them in stock for a fair price and decided to get one. All three arrived today!🤦‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, exdraken said:

For kit decals I actually do not see a reason why to include 2 Tornado silhouettes, you can only build one model form the kit anyways.... for the Xtradecals set this is of course different!

and the Revell set comes with full stencils, different for both schemes.

Cartograf printed if I am not mistaken

Just listing the differences as i didn't have permission to post any photos :) I should have noted the stencils though haha!

My kit turned up today too - the quality of the decal sheet is excellent.

Cheers,

WV908

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, alt-92 said:

Look on the bright side: now you can do all three that did the circuit :)

Oh they'll definitely get built, not sure if any of the retirement schemes will get done mind. Plan on doing a Herrick or Ellamy airframe and another Lossiemouth scheme.👍

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - MRCA Tornado GR.Mk.4 by Revell - released - new Black Dog detailing sets