revell 1/72 shackelton aew 2

1/72 - Avro Shakelton AEW - ref.4920 - new yes, but new tool?

1/48 - MRCA Tornado GR.Mk.4 - ref. - new yes, but just new variant.

1/48 - Rockwell B-1B Lancer - ref. - not new ! reissue /new boxing

The 1/48th F-15E Strike Eagle (not new - just reissue) and Jaguar (not new - just repop Heller/Airfix) are already available in all the best hobbyshops.

What else of interest in your catalogue Iain?

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

1/72 Shakelton AEW - ref.4920 - new yes, but new tool?

In the true spirit of continued co-operation between major kit manufacturers…….it's bound to be a newly tooled kit

• Like 1

Bonkers indeed! :mental:

Many other things I'd prefer to see rather than types duplicated. And after the Halifax, will Revell get it right?

AEW2 Shackleton is a surprise especially with Airfix doing the MR2. Should make for some interesting reviews if both different new tools.

Fight, fight, fight :fight::popcorn::chair::hobbyhorse::boxing:

At least both Airfix and Revell didn't go for the same variant. What's the slim chance they cooperated on these? Nah that would be crazy talk :pardon:

Edited by Col.

Airfix have at least done the bulk of the CAD work by the look of it, even if the kit isn't planned for release for almost 12 months. Anyone else reminded of the time that Oasis and Blur went head to head in the charts?! :lol:

• Like 1

If it does happen, I wonder what price point they'll pitch it at...

Good point, if they go ahead, I bet Revell will price theirs below £40.

Also wondering how new the 48th scale Jaguar is :hmmm:

I think that one is confirmed as the old Heller/Airfix kit

• Like 1

Also wondering how new the 48th scale Jaguar is :hmmm:

It's a reboxing from the Heller/Airfix kit. This re-issue is already available in all the best hobbyshops for about 2-3 weeks now.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234971867-new-revell-jaguar-148/?hl=jaguar

http://www.modellversium.de/kit/artikel.php?id=10260

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

I think that one is confirmed as the old Heller/Airfix kit

It's a reboxing from the Heller/Airfix kit. This re-issue is already available in all the best hobbyshops for about 2-3 weeks now.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234971867-new-revell-jaguar-148/?hl=jaguar

V.P.

Thanks gents. Certainly not a new kit then but also not the worst Jag around either.

Not sure about that. I do remember reading somewhere (here on BM?) that the old Frog moulds are now well and truly worn out. This new AEW.2 is quite likely to be a new tool of the most popular variant to replace the old MR.3.

Either way, we'll find out as and when it appears. :hmmm:

As an aside, it looks like the duplication curse has hit the Hornby Group again. Over in the railway modelling community three of Hornby's new 2015 locomotive models have been duplicated by three new manufacturers. This forced Hornby into make an early unveiling at the Warley Rail Exhibition earlier this month.

Mike.

If the Shackleton AEW.2 is indeed a new tool, I simply cannot understand why Revell did not opt to look into a new tool C-130 Hercules if they wanted to do something Post-War and sizeable. The kit is long overdue and would fit in nicely with their own excellent C-160 and Airbus A400M kits….much more of a money spinner too…..just a thought

• Like 2

Interesting news, certainly seems to have put a few noses out of joint. I think I shall be buying one as it's the version I want and I'm pretty sure it won't be £39.99. Reference shouldn't be hard to come by as theres an AEW2 at Pima.

As far as the duplication goes Revell aren't obliged to check with other manufacturers before making anything. After all the Airfix Shackleton won't make any money for Revell. And if the reports of the Frog molds being worn out are true and given all the begging on here for a new one, you can hardly blame Revell for gazumping Airfix. It looks like a no brainer.

And who knows, perhaps a new C-130 is on Revells 2015 list as well. A Shack may be a big kit for Airfix but Revell routinely release a couple or more large new kits a year, usually 1/32 but maybe this is the year of the 72nd heavies. Isn't there a C-54 coming already? Given how long the Hercs have been at Ramstein they've gotta do one at some point, surely? Guess we'll know in a few days.

• Like 2