1/144 - Airbus A-321 by Zvezda - released - Metallic Details PE set

Homebee

Lovely as their A320 kit is, I hope Zvezda don't forget the APU intake under the tail on this one. They could also tone down the window sizes and add the fuel pump conduits forward of the gear well (something else Revell included). You can see these in front of the landing lights here:

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-Canada/Airbus-A319-114/1885148/L/&sid=d6dd9c20189e712cb9fe763aff45db02

Also, somebody please tell Zvezda it's A320 and A321 not 'A-320' or 'A-321' :nono:. Airbus don't use a dash between the A and the first digit of the family designation. It's like calling a baby Boeing a 7-37 or Tupolev's tri-jet a Tu 1-5-4... :fraidnot:

Does the A321 have a greater wing chord? The flaps are different but I thought the basic wing was the same as the 320 (too small!)

Actually it's not much of an issue, in 1/144 the wing chord should be 1mm greater, which could be visible in case of a flap up build but since the flaps will be provided as separate parts (well, I assume) the chord difference shouldn't be that visible.

Anyway I'm certain Zvezda will replicate the double slotted design unique to this version.

I can do with the belly's lack of detailing (vents, scoops, panel lines) because it's easy to add but if they could keep an eye, or two, on the pax window size, that would be great.

Good to see Zvezda believe in the 1/144 business.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Zvezda.ModelKits/photos/a.119782984791181.13199.110897742346372/528571177245691/?type=1&theater

Fly high with us and travel on long distances! Today we a proud to show some 3D renders of Airbus A321.

New model kit will differ from A320 - the A321's major change is the stretched fuselage (the largest of the A320 family), new glass sprue, more detailed engines, as well as antennas.

Airbus A321 model kit will be released in 2015!10410188_528571177245691_132604049486616

V.P.

Wings! No changes to the wings. Sad.

With respect, are you not being a little premature in judging this kit? All we have is a series of 3d images. We do NOT have pictures of the actual model. as yet. The Facebook page makes no specific mention of wing changes but that does not necessarily equate to no changes?. May I suggest we all wait till the kit appears before praising or condemning it.

Allan

Edited by Albeback52

To be fair, Allan, it's only a preliminary judgement of the kit - one which they are implicitly inviting by posting the CAD on their Facebook page. The flap changes are conspicuous in their absence from both the images and the text. The flaps are pretty much the major difference, apart from the fuselage length. I'm sure few will condemn the kit at this stage, but passing comment on obvious omissions? Why not?

It's promising that they mention a 'new glass sprue', hopefully this means that they have resized the cabin windows. :winkgrin:

I for one will be really happy if they get this right - I'm a little worried about the 777 kit, given their slightly less that stellar record on accuracy with Boeing types (notably the 787, and to a lesser extent the 747-8i).

Andrew

• Like 1

To be fair, Allan, it's only a preliminary judgement of the kit - one which they are implicitly inviting by posting the CAD on their Facebook page. The flap changes are conspicuous in their absence from both the images and the text. The flaps are pretty much the major difference, apart from the fuselage length. I'm sure few will condemn the kit at this stage, but passing comment on obvious omissions? Why not?

It's promising that they mention a 'new glass sprue', hopefully this means that they have resized the cabin windows. :winkgrin:

I for one will be really happy if they get this right - I'm a little worried about the 777 kit, given their slightly less that stellar record on accuracy with Boeing types (notably the 787, and to a lesser extent the 747-8i).

Andrew

A fair point Andrew. I wasn't having a go at anyone & I do realise that these are only preliminary CADS.. I just didn't want to see this discussion turning into one of those where people start ripping

a kit to shreds before we have even seen it!! Maybe I was the one that was a bit premature so, my apologies to anyone who may have misunderstood my intentions. I must admit, I do like the option of raised or deployed flaps etc. I wish more airliner kits had these options because I do like modelling aircraft in "dirty" configuration. I know the purists will argue that you don't generally see airliners sitting with everything hanging but, I don't mind!!

Allan

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Metallic details dedicated detailing PE set - ref.

Sources:

http://metdetails.com/catalog/metalic-details/aircraft/1144/md14420-detailing-set-aircraft-model-airbus-a321

http://metdetails.com/content/news/new-product-detailing-set-aircraft-model-airbus-a321

A new product - Detailing set for aircraft model Airbus A321

Metallic Details release a new product - Detailing set for aircraft model Airbus A321 (Zvezda) in scale 1/144.

Set contains 2 photoetched boards (70*35 and 14*24 mm) for exterior detailing.

1_133.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee