Zvezda 777

Turbofan

FINALLY! The one jetliner the world actually wants to build.

I'll be very upset if it gets a slamming by the reviewers, it can't possibly be worse than the Minicraft one.

I will break my airliner embargo for this I think! Hopefully it will include several engine options, and there'll be a -300ER to follow?

Edited by Brokenedge
  • Like 1

I always thought it was just a matter of time. I don't celebrate christmas but this 777 news is the reason I'm happy today !

I hope it's the longer version, so much easier to shorten then lengthen.

Now for the -200ER/-300 (with the smaller engines) or the -200LR/-300ER (with those big fat GE90-110/-115) question ?

Another unknown, let's hope it will be an Ultimate Kit with separate high lift devices, what they did with the A320 was very nice but the IL-62 is imho a step above.

Edited by PMG Offramp

So it seems our Russian friends at zvezda are going to bring out a 773er next year :) :) :)

Thanks, I didn't see this

Can't wait for this

The image shows a -200 but if the model is 51.3 cm length in 1/144 this makes it a -300.

But who cares, it's a 777 by Zvezda!!

Ian

The image is a -300; the over wing exits and tail skid are the giveaway.

But completely agreed about looking forward to this release... having just finished my second -300ER conversion... ho hum!

Tom

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

One model I'm genuinely waiting for. At long last somewhere for my stash of decals (Liveries Unlimited sheets for Cathay Pacific and Thai, Flightpath Singapore Airlines and 26 BA) to go. I do hope it's in the same style as the IL62, TU-134 etc in terms of finesse and ease of construction. I can't wait to see those huge GE engines.

Jeff

One model I'm genuinely waiting for. At long last somewhere for my stash of decals (Liveries Unlimited sheets for Cathay Pacific and Thai, Flightpath Singapore Airlines and 26 BA) to go. I do hope it's in the same style as the IL62, TU-134 etc in terms of finesse and ease of construction. I can't wait to see those huge GE engines.

Jeff

I agree about the finesse and ease of construction - the Tu-134 and SSJ-100 are wonders of plastic moulding. I can see me buying three or four 777s but only if Zvezda don't give us pointless gimmicks like dropped flaps. I hope the 3D images above represent the actual kit.