This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Homebee

1/72 - MiG-29 (9-13) "Fulcrum-C" & MiG-29SMT (9.19) "Fulcrum-E" by Zvezda - released - Platz boxing

Great news, hopefully another winner like their recent Su-27 release. Together with the other Soviet-era jets being released in 2015, or re-released as in the Revell MiG-21F-13, it is going to be an expensive year next year :thumbsup:

I'll admit I'd sooner the Big Zee concentrated on more Flankers for now, but a 1/72 Fulcrum from this source is welcome news.

Looking pretty good so far, although I must admit to being a bit puzzled by the cockpit tub being integrally molded with the upper fuselage.

Cheers,

Andre

Looking pretty good so far, although I must admit to being a bit puzzled by the cockpit tub being integrally molded with the upper fuselage.

Cheers,

Andre

It looks like the forward fuselage are seperate parts, probably to allow for different versions ? so i guess the cockpit tub is acting as a bulkhead for the nose section perhaps ? :shrug:

Holy cow! The way the forward fuselage is set up is quite brilliant! Time to empty out the wallet...

Pardon my confusion, but is Zvezda making a new MiG-29 Fulcrum-A (izdeliye 9.12) or has announced any such plans? They seem to be busy on the MiG-29/Su-27 front lately.

No, I believe people are just considering possible future releases by Zvezda based [pretty much] on the fact that the wing tips are stand alone items in the 9.13 kit. Wingtips of 9.13 are a tiny bit different than on the 9.12, 9.51 and maybe other marks.

If anything, this image suggests a future SMT (see the folder list to the left of the screen):

http://cs625619.vk.me/v625619515/408cf/SMNnAUYPug8.jpg