Il-2 - Hobby Boss Single-Seater - 1/32nd Scale

Learstang

The tank should be black, with natural metal straps. The cap at the top should be yellow, and the small tank on the side should be red. This follows the standard Soviet colour system - yellow for the fuel system (the tank was black because it was either rubber-covered metal or fibreglass, depending on the timeframe), and red for the fire suppression system.

Best Regards,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

The tank should be black, with natural metal straps. The cap at the top should be yellow, and the small tank on the side should be red. This follows the standard Soviet colour system - yellow for the fuel system (the tank was black because it was either rubber-covered metal or fibreglass, depending on the timeframe), and red for the fire suppression system.

Best Regards,

Jason

Thanks for that advice Jason,

Just wanted to say I ended up picking up a copy of your book and although I've only had a quick look so far I'm impressed by the content so far. Looking forward to having a closer look soon.

Mark

• Like 1

Thank you very much for buying the book, Mark! I think that now doubles the sales! I hope it helps you on your build. And please do post some piccies of your build.

Best Regards,

Jason

I'd like to think you've sold more than two books as it is very good it even contains a small section on modellling the IL2. The big downside about this book is a wil need to buy more IL-2s

I'll probably crack on with the IL-2 again once my meteor is finished.

Until I start a proper thread here's a sneak preview of how it's going with the Eduard interior.

IL2%20007_zpspy37wlc2.jpg

IL2%20010_zpselw3xsjh.jpg

Regards,

Mark

• Like 1

Thank your for the compliment on the book - I'm glad you like it! If it makes you want to buy more Il-2 kits, then it must be doing its job! Regarding your kit - good job! One little point and it's a mistake I didn't correct on mine either; the lever mounted on the circular device next to the elevator control rod on the starboard side needs to be moved to be more accurate (Hobbyboss and AM both got that wrong; Tamiya may have also - I'd have to check). That should be mounted next to the seat, on the etched strip on the floor that represents the top of the rear wing spar. I hope that makes sense. Otherwise looking very nice!

Best Regards,

Jason

• 4 months later...