1/48 - Aero L-39 Albatros by AMK (AvantGarde) ?

172flogger

Off-topic (because it isn't about the AMK kit), but on-topic (because it's about the aircraft!), but did the L-39 ever have a NATO reporting name? I've looked-all over, and never been able to find anything...

You're right. The L-29 is the Maya but nothing about the L-39. Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_NATO_reporting_names_for_miscellaneous_aircraft

The Albatros was named by Aero Vodochody Aerospace a.s but never received a NATO reporting name. Pretty unusual.

It should begin with an “M” though so why don’t we have a Britmodeller Naming Ceremony?

I’d vote “Merlin”.

Since this is Britmodeller... I vote "Moptop"!

I'll get me coat... :coat:

• Like 1

The Albatros was named by Aero Vodochody Aerospace a.s but never received a NATO reporting name. Pretty unusual.

It should begin with an “M” though so why don’t we have a Britmodeller Naming Ceremony?

I’d vote “Merlin”.

Mundane

Edited by 71chally
  • Like 1

Hello,

I´ve got two official informations from AMK/Annetra backstage to share.

First, there were some comments regarding the size of camouflage layouts in kit instruction. Before new redesigned web pages are functional, here is link to download in more user-friendly sizehttp://www.airplanephoto.net/amk_camouf…/86001_l-29_1-72.pdf
Second,with the new L-39C in 48 there is also a big decal sheet covering camouflage for 60+ users all around the world in preparation.

Edited by olda homola
  • Like 2

Hello,

I´ve got two official informations from AMK/Annetra backstage to share.

Second,with the new L-39C in 48 there is also a big decal sheet covering camouflage for 60+ users all around the world in preparation.

Interesting. :P

BUT one thing I would state here is that Annetra and AMK are not linked businesses. Annetra in Czech Republic is contracting services to AMK. Please do not confuse the companies.

Edited by Martin @ AMK Hobby

• 2 months later...

Always will be a Russian and Czech option I am sure.

All guns blazing on the L-39 at the moment for obvious reasons :)

Martin,

Need any help with Estonian examples ?…..I know Special Hobby have produced a variant of their kit with Estonian markings but there have been several variations on the very attractive Metallic Blue Estonian examples !.

Let me know and maybe I can help.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Fresh news.

Source: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235014234-148-aero-l-39cza-albatros-by-trumpeter-l-39c-released-avalon-czech-af-decals/&do=findComment&comment=2901394

Three boxes of 1/48 FULL detail L-39 coming.
If you have seen our Fouga Magister kit think L-39 :)

Coming. Three boxes. Ok, nice. But when?

V.P. 

Edited by Homebee

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...