1/48 - Aero L-39 Albatros by AMK (AvantGarde) ?

172flogger

• 2 months later...

Colorful Hungarian Air Force marking with a standard 3-tone paint

1231345632K_L39119-2.jpg

And one other with a special farewell paint, when the planes were whitdrawn from service. (With very worn shades of the paint)

Aero-L-39-Albatros-128-4.jpg

One of some special "hungarian" paint, called: Cápali (English called Shark-Paul )

1545448.jpg

The other special Albatros is the "brother of Cápali". The only one hungarian Albatros with a NATO standard grey color. He's name Cápeti II (In english Shark-Pete II)

(The name is second "Shark-Pete", because the first plane with this name, was one MiG-21bis. The 1904 board number bis was a very famous hungarian military plane, which flew some airshow in Hungary, and Fairford in 1993. Now exhibited both planes (Cápeti&Cápeti II) in Szolnok city, the new Rep-Tar museum project. )

IMG_0170.jpg

And one oldie.... The name is "Zümi"

aero-l-39-119-2.jpg

• Like 1

I like the Czech (of course), Hungarian and Romanian trainers.

To be honest, I am also liking the East German Yellow drone / target tug. Iraqi is interesting, topical too I guess.

Keep the ideas coming then. Photos are great to illustrate but make sure you have the permission to post them :)

To be honest, I am also liking the East German Yellow drone / target tug. Iraqi is interesting, topical too I guess.

Keep the ideas coming then. Photos are great to illustrate but make sure you have the permission to post them :)

Yup, target tug definately, would require some changes to rear cockpit but is a really good scheme.

Regards,

Andy

• Like 1

There were some four (?) Romanian Albatrosses wearing different tail art (click HERE and HERE), but my personal favourite was "143" with its Tweety character, bi-colour tanks & fin tip and Top Gun magazine (Romanian edition) titles.

Additionally, I cast my vote for a Hungarian option and the white & yellow GDR tug.

Cheers,

Niki

I do like the Ukrainian Digital scheme but I'm almost honour bound to do one of the Estonian Air Force examples given my current location !…..In spite of only operating 2-3 aircraft at any one time, I'm aware of at least four variations on the rather smart metallic blue and yellow color scheme.

I guess that operational schemes are the most appealing...

specials could and will or already have been done by aftermarket decal producers....

maybe one eye-catcher...

but a Russian/ Soviet aircraft, as well as some other Warsaw pact, and middle eastern/ African user would be a great selection for me!

• 1 month later...

Kit ref. should be 88012 (https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/AMK88012)

Sources:

http://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=68170&start=7845

https://www.facebook.com/avantgardemodelkits/photos/a.524746031023562.1073741853.279694855528682/620144361483728/?type=3&theater

*Product Announcement* 2016 will see the release of our officially endorsed by Aero Vodochody Aerospace a.s. 1/48 L-39C Albatros.

With all the accuracy and detail you will have come to expect from us.

Innovative canopy design, fully detailed interior, immersive building experience and technically advanced engineering following our motto: Easy To Build.

This will be the definitive model kit of the L-39 according to Aero Vodochody Aerospace a.s. So good they even allowed us to use their company logo - thank you all.

image.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

How creative can a canopy design be?

I've been thinking the same. Two-parts mould to do the omega cross-section without having to sand the seam that would appear in a three-parts mould ? Dunno.

How creative can a canopy design be?

I must say seeing all your comments you always seem to look out for a NEGATIVE in most things......

I like what I see from AMK and for most of the time I like to see and experience good things from modelling and on this forum, not living in a negative zone.

Ali

• Like 3

Fixed it for you.

Seriously though... how creative *can* it be? I mean, my curiosity is piqued and I'll be interested to find out, as I'm interested in the design and engineering behind a good model kit... But I'm scratching my head about how they could reinvent the wheel here. Especially when the subject aircraft's canopy is pretty straightforward as it is.

Slide mold without a seam? I kind of doubt that's physically possible. Even the (cool and innovative) slide-molded forward fuselage on the MiG has visible parting lines. Maybe add an additional insert *inside* the canopy to eliminate the 'thick side' effect and give it a proper, even cross section? I don't think that's been done before.

Really, it's another impressive piece of marketing - there really isn't any new, substantive information - just a photo with stuff we knew, stuff we expected and a really pretty vague statement... but it's definitely got my attention, and I'll be interested to find out more.

• Like 1

Fixed it for you.

Seriously though... how creative *can* it be? I mean, my curiosity is piqued and I'll be interested to find out, as I'm interested in the design and engineering behind a good model kit... But I'm scratching my head about how they could reinvent the wheel here. Especially when the subject aircraft's canopy is pretty straightforward as it is.

Slide mold without a seam? I kind of doubt that's physically possible. Even the (cool and innovative) slide-molded forward fuselage on the MiG has visible parting lines. Maybe add an additional insert *inside* the canopy to eliminate the 'thick side' effect and give it a proper, even cross section? I don't think that's been done before.

Really, it's another impressive piece of marketing - there really isn't any new, substantive information - just a photo with stuff we knew, stuff we expected and a really pretty vague statement... but it's definitely got my attention, and I'll be interested to find out more.

If you had researched or actually built the L39 you would know. The two canopy parts are, actually two, but the way they open brings them very close. The problem with that is that they appear almost like a single part. Now in case (MPM) that the hinge or the canopy profile is not perfect, they leave a big gap, that separates the two parts more than they should.

I hope this makes sense, and without knowing, i bet this is exactly what AMK refers to!!!