*Nordic group build anyone? 30+ ready to the poll

hgbn

I was thinking if a big Nordic group build would stand a chance here at BM?

Covering anything of interest from Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden. Air, sea and land. Civil or military.

It would have a lot of scope covering the past to the present day. the possibilities would be almost endless and everybody could find something interesting to build. A Viking longboat, a Leopard 2 in Afghanistan, a Scania truck or a flying Saab just to name a few items. Take your pick everything is up for grabs. As long it is having a relation to a Nordic country either in form of produced items or used by a Nordic country.

Signatories so far

1. hgbn Host
  2. Col. Co-host
  3. fatfingers
  4. Tiger331
  5. Viking
  6. Arniec
  7. jörgen stendahl
  8. Mozzy19
  9. Milktrip
  10. CliffB
  11. Jens
  12. Vingtor
  13. NorwegianWood
  14. Mitch K
  15. RNoAF Areobatic Team
  16. woody37
  17. Roland Pulfrew
  18. PaulR
  19. sartois66
  20. Chockhead
  21. Marlin
  22. Jørgen Tangerud
  23. vppel68
  24. SleeperService
  25. feoffe2
  26. modeling minion
  27. Andrew
  28. Squatty
  29. theplasticsurgeon
  30. lawnguylander
  31. -Neu-
Edited by Mish

Having now lived in Norway for almost 5 years now and with regular visits in the past to both Denmark and Sweden, I believe this proposed GB has a lot of merit. Quite apart from their NATO or Partnership for Peace (in the case of Finland and Sweden) involvement, all of these nations have had extensive UN experience too, from the Balkans to the Congo, Cyprus, Gaza, Somalia…..the scope is endless, not just for aviation nuts but for military and maritime enthusiasts…..The Navies operate some whacky looking vessels too.

Count me in too !

• Like 2

Added to the list .

I can mention at least 3 1/72 Naval vessels available in kit form from mainstream Kit suppliers that would fit the Royal Danish Navy perfectly

1 Revell German S boat would fit to be a Flyvefisken (the Flying Fish) class MTB with some minor modifications guns and such http://www.navalhistory.dk/english/TheShips/Classes/Flyvefisken_Class%281954%29.htm

2 Revell Flower class Corvette as HDMS Thetris http://www.navalhistory.dk/english/TheShips/T/Thetis%281945%29.htm

3 Tamyia Vosper MTB as a Søløven ( Sealion) class MTB http://www.navalhistory.dk/english/TheShips/S/Soeloeven%281965%29.htm

Edited by hgbn

Yes, count me in as well.

Now what'll it be ? A nice Norwegian Sabre, Danish Draken perhaps, or maybe that Heller Lansen thats been looking at me from in the stash......

You've got me thinking now.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Henrik,

You are just as bad as Trickyrich. You are pulling me in to all those great GB ideas.

OK I am in. I will find something in my stash for this.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Shame I built my Viking army for the Saga game last year!

Might give some thought to a fighter or light bomber from WW2.

Where do "what ifs" like the Danish Fokker D-21/Norwegian Hawk 75 etc stand?

• Like 1

Mitch,

A Danish Fokker D.XXI wouldn't be a What if. They existed for real. http://www.hyperscale.com/2009/reviews/kits/ca4153reviewse_1.htm and was operative before that shameful day. The 9th of April 1940.

The Norwegian Hawk 75 one of the Norwegians might have a answer on.

Edited by hgbn

Where do "what ifs" like the Danish Fokker D-21/Norwegian Hawk 75 etc stand?

Although the Curtiss Hawk never flew in Norway before 9 April 1940, at least four aircraft were assembled at Kjeller, the Army airfield north of Oslo. And many Hawks flew in Norwegian markings at the Norwegian Air Force Traning Camp in Canada later in the war.

Nils

• Like 1

Signatories so far.

1. hgbn Host
  2. Col. Co-host
  3. fatfingers
  4. Tiger331
  5. Viking
  6. Arniec
  7. jörgen stendahl
  8. Mozzy19
  9. Milktrip
  10. CliffB
  11. Jens
  12. Vingtor
  13. NorwegianWood
  14. Mitch K
  15. RNoAF Areobatic Team
  16. woody37
  17. Roland Pulfrew
  18. PaulR
  19. sartois66
  20. Chockhead
  21. Marlin
  22. Jørgen Tangerud

We're Halfway there to reach the poll later this year. And we need a Co-host if anybody wants to volunteer?

BTW I have a Matchbox Twin Otter is there any RNoAF decals available anywhere for it?

Edited by hgbn