Airfix 1:48 RAF Ground crew + Albion fueller & Beford

Julien

Seen on the new for 2015.

WWII RAF Ground Crew 1:48 - A04702 http://www.airfix.com/catalog/product/view/id/8403/category/1222/

a04702-wwii-raf-crew.jpg

Also Albion AM463 3-point Fueller 1:48 - A03312 http://www.airfix.com/catalog/product/view/id/8396/category/1221/

a03312-albion-refueller.jpg

plus Bedford MWD Light Truck 1:48 - A03313 http://www.airfix.com/catalog/product/view/id/8397/category/1221/

a03313-bedford.jpg

Great diorama prospects.

• Like 2

Great, great news although I'm a little unsure of the airman waving in the foreground of the RAF Groundcrew set artwork……That 'wooly pulley' he is sporting looks distinctly like the one I used to wear in the 1980s and I'm not sure if they were around 40 years earlier ?

• Like 2

I.m a bit worried as the Hurricane on the giftset box has the same codes as the current(old) edition. Would be a big mistake IMHO

Yes…..I agree and had the same reservations when I saw the marking option in this set…..I guess it just depends on how far Airfix have got with the development of the new mould Hurricane ?. It would seem odd to miss out on a key anniversary date with the re-issue of an old kit rather than a state-of-the-art new kit.

RE: The Bedford Truck…….given the current Airfix 'habit' of seemingly issuing kits of subjects that appear in the background of box art for current or recently announced kit releases, can we assume a 1:48 scale Avro Lancaster in 2016 ??.

Just wondering :whistle:

• Like 1

Great, great news although I'm a little unsure of the airman waving in the foreground of the RAF Groundcrew set artwork……That 'wooly pulley' he is sporting looks distinctly like the one I used to wear in the 1980s and I'm not sure if they were around 40 years earlier ?

Thats what I thought. There was a V necked jumper but I didn't think it was ribbed. I'd be amazed if Airfix got it that wrong.

The 'wooly pully' that I was issued with in 1960 was not ribbed, however, I can't remember if it had a round or V neck, it was a long time ago.

Robin.

Bestway 73: Vintage wartime knitting patterns. Service Woolies for Sailors, Soldiers and Airman. Great bit of social history. Great patterns to keep the servicemen warm during the Second World War. There are jumpers, sleeveless pullovers, gloves, fingerless gloves, mitts, long socks, several scarves, helmets, hats and gunners balaclavas,and two pages of nice adverts

http://www.fab40s.co.uk/patternpages/Services/bestway73a.gif

From this page

http://www.fab40s.co.uk/Services1.html

Edited by Richard M

Mmm that boxart on the 'Ready for battle' set is a bit dodgeball! Either that is a 3/4 scale Hurricane or the groundcrew of ww2 were a 1/3 size bigger than the average man today. That pilot is NOT going to fit in that cockpit. You can see he his trying to squeeze himself in/out!

Edited by andy wood

a04702-wwii-raf-crew.jpg

looks like he's waving goodbye and off on his holidays to me...well the summer of 1940 was very nice

still some interesting stuff for some ( hopefully) interesting dio's, I'll be getting a couple

Either that is a 3/4 scale Hurricane or the groundcrew of ww2 were a 1/3 size bigger than the average man today.

Well, they have been calling it "The Greatest Generation". (not a moniker I'm very much in favor of)

Gotta say, I'm happy to see these "accessories"- I may yet get myself to do some sort of "set piece". Especially the refueler.

By the way, I see they've changed the date on the Hurricane!

bob

Edited by gingerbob

Would like to see the figures with well worn and scruffy gear being worn and those leather sleeveless jerkins. But a very nice set of which I shall look to buying all being well work wise next year!

Yes..I agree and had the same reservations when I saw the marking option in this set..I guess it just depends on how far Airfix have got with the development of the new mould Hurricane ?. It would seem odd to miss out on a key anniversary date with the re-issue of an old kit rather than a state-of-the-art new kit.

It's due February according to the website page; there's also a new Mkl due at about the same time which I'm hoping is the new MkVb with Mkl wings.

What I noticed was that the poor old dog looks like he's just been run over by something... those legs need veterinary attention.. :)

Nice set though.

Matt

Not only that but there seem to be pilots pretending to be ballerinas!

It's due February according to the website page; there's also a new Mkl due at about the same time which I'm hoping is the new MkVb with Mkl wings.

Mark Vb?A Comet 5? I've seem to remember an artist's impression of a 5 or could have been a model,not 100%.

Edited by bzn20