De Havilland Mosquito FBVI 1:24 - A25001A

Julien

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

What he's doing? Nothing but what those young lads in the cockpit were used to doing before breakfeast, just like the lads on the other side: Fight! Kill! Fight! Kill! Fight! Kill! The boxart simply might depict the morning of May 8th 1945 and - "Baby, it ain't over 'till it's over"!

Edited by RHWinter

Whoops - my mistake. Somehow I had it in my head the shooting in Europe stopped in late April. Forgot there was still a week in May when the shooting was still going on.

Doubt there were many German freighters out and about that week, though, so that Mozzie crew must have been exceptionally lucky to find one. ;-)

If you can find them have a read of 'The Strike Wings' by Roy Conners Nesbitt and a 'Separate Little War' by Andrew Bird.

Both give an interesting insight into the later days of the War and first days of peace if I remember correctly.

Or google will probably help - Banff Strike Wing.

Cheers

Chris

• Like 1

If you can find them have a read of 'The Strike Wings' by Roy Conners Nesbitt and a 'Separate Little War' by Andrew Bird.

Both give an interesting insight into the later days of the War and first days of peace if I remember correctly.

Or google will probably help - Banff Strike Wing.

Cheers

Chris

Yes, that solves things - looks like that box art represents the May 4 action. However the curse about reading up on things - it seems while the action in the box art is accurate, the armament is not!