De Havilland Mosquito FBVI 1:24 - A25001A

Julien

The artwork sells it to me. Missed out the first time the kit appeared. BUT....where will put it!!??? Another BUT... it would have been a corker if Airfix re did their 48th and 1/72nd one!!!

Yup, it's got an "A" after the code, so that indicates a rebox with new decals. No big deal, Hasegawa have been doing it for years and it gives the guys who missed out last time a chance to get one.

Mike. :)

Yup, it's got an "A" after the code, so that indicates a rebox with new decals. No big deal, Hasegawa have been doing it for years and it gives the guys who missed out last time a chance to get one.

Mike. :)

Hi

Ideal, will most probably get one this time around.

cheers

jerry

Just note that the artwork is wrong in regards to the code. It should be VV-A. Of course, that's an easy fix.
Also note that by the time 235 Sqn flew with the VV-code they no longer used this rocket setup. They would have them tiered, two by two, to allow for 100 gallon tanks.

Edited by Kyrre

Just note that the artwork is wrong in regards to the code. It should be VV-A. Of course, that's an easy fix.

Also note that by the time 235 Sqn flew with the VV-code they no longer used this rocket setup. They would have them tiered, two by two, to allow for 100 gallon tanks.

Cheers for clarifying that,.....my first thought upon seeing the artwork was `very nice- but those codes don`t look right'! I was checking up to see if Airfix knew something that I didn`t but now you`ve cleared it up. AV was used by 121 (Eagle) Sqn and continued after the unit became the 335th FS of the USAAF.

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

Can I move into your shed? I don't eat much... :):):)

Cheers,

Bill

Only if you can use a broom.

It ain't that great a shed, that thing hasn't got any Merlin engines in it!

Rick

We have 1 Spitfire Mark 8 Merlin, one out of a Mustang four out of Mossies and a couple of unknown origins.

That do ya?

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Alley Cat did think about the bomber conversion, but due to the poor sales of all of their mossy conversions and the limited production of the model it self, they relised that there were not enough sales to warrant the work required to do the conversion.

M&G

Edited by Mick_Gannon