Airfix A04056 Westland Sea King HC.4 1:72

172flogger

Box art would have been better if the chockhead didn't have his fat swede in the way! :evil_laugh:

Edit: Just noticed the personnel door looks in the incorrect proportions :hmmm:

Edited by moaning dolphin

Source: http://www.airfix.com/uk-en/news/workbench/5889/

28/08/2015

Not previously featured on Workbench, but announced earlier in the year as part of the current Airfix catalogue, the new 1/72nd scale Westland Sea King HC.4 ‘Commando’ is also a step nearer to release this week. The HC.4 Commando is one of the most extensively modified versions of the much-loved Sea King and anyone who has experienced the show finale at a Yeovilton Air Day will know just how imposing these large helicopters actually are. This is a totally new model, which incorporates all of the impressive technological production advances we have been discussing recently, and allowing the modeller a number of display options during construction. This model is scheduled for release in December and we end this latest Workbench with an exclusive look at the fantastic box artwork, which has only just been completed.

ImageP1.jpg

V.P.

• Like 1

Good to see they're including the jammers - at least you could use them on a decent Support Helicopter - the Mighty Wokka! :tease:

• 4 weeks later...

one thing i will say, is that is going to be a masking nightmare

Nah just do it in gleaming Nato green and a couple of groundcrew with yard brushes, a hosepipe and a pool of dirty white water :thumbsup:

• Like 4

Well I now have three test shots on my desk in front of me. First impressions is very good, I have the instructions but no decals but that can be easily sorted. I will post some photos this afternoon.

This kit's currently not on my 'to buy' radar, however there have been many that have converted once images of kit sprues, instructions and decal sheets have been published on here.

I do not need to add another to the stash.... so please don't tempt me!!

Cheers .. Dave.

More detailed photos to follow as there is a limited internet signal at work.

DSC_0033.jpg

Interesting things to note is the option to fit a electic motor to spin the main rotor head and the option of having it fully folded. Also there are no pilots included in the kit.

• Like 3

Interesting things to note is the option to fit a electic motor to spin the main rotor head

So would that be the parts on the sprue that looked like a large cylinder, next to the tail rotor? The bit that had us all confused and multiguessing?

Edit: It does look nice though!

Edited by moaning dolphin

Any idea of a release date yet?

Well the ETA on the Airfix website is the 18/12/2015, so the weekend before Christmas if were lucky. Should make trying to snag one and get it delivered before Xmas virtually impossible unless your LMS gets them in. Given the Date I wouldn't be surprised if this slipped to January as that's normally the case with late December releases.

• 2 months later...

Aha, strange. I asked Revell for a long time OOP instructions for CH-53E with Desert Storm camo scheme. I even suggested to get scan with this one side only. I got envelope with complete instructions for free, and they were even removed from some binder as it has the double holes in it. All free of charge. Talk about top service ...