Airfix A04056 Westland Sea King HC.4 1:72

172flogger

Windy, are the nose mounted aerial blocks separate and can the kit be backdated to the days beofre the big jammers when we only had Orange Crop and Decca panel aerials.

There is a build article in this months Airfix Model World, which in one of the photos shows the nose with no big boxes on so I do think that they are add ons. But what else is in the box that might take their place I do not know.

Any news on this, I know the Airfix site says the 18th of next month but I wasn't sure if that's the release date of the next batch if the first batch has already been snapped up by Pre-Orders ?. Wonderland had it down for today but would have expected some sellers to have had it on Friday if that was the case with some appearing on eBay and at least one of us lot having snagged one and posted up pics on here.

It will not be released at all until next month.

Cheers T7, I did wonder but you never can be sure with the dates on the Airfix website as they can refer to when the 2nd batch for pre-order is due in stock if the first is fully allotted !.

Oh well one for next year then....

I'm stil to get a copy. My S-I-L forgot to pack the one a very kind BM'er sent me. The a second to my Bros didn't arrive before he left the UK for Africa. Seems as though I might be fated not to get one...

Humty.... as they sat in the movies.

Colin

Windy, are the nose mounted aerial blocks separate and can the kit be backdated to the days beofre the big jammers when we only had Orange Crop and Decca panel aerials.

Just so you don't make a mistake mk4 never had orange crop.during the first gulf we modified the aircraft to have prophet RWR which were later upgraded to prophet 2,which in time was replaced by sky guardian.

As for the Decca it must have been removed mid 90s.

I'm sure the cabs I worked on had orange crop in '86. Two half moon aerials on the nose and two on the rear fuselage. Only the Sea Harriers had sky guardian when I was on them and it was still top secret in '88. We had to remove the display before any visitors, particularly Russian, sat in the cockpit.

I'm sure the cabs I worked on had orange crop in '86. Two half moon aerials on the nose and two on the rear fuselage. Only the Sea Harriers had sky guardian when I was on them and it was still top secret in '88. We had to remove the display before any visitors, particularly Russian, sat in the cockpit.

Did you work on pingers they had orange crop.

As for sky guardian sk 4 has SG2K....Google it.

I did harriers what were you on ? I was 801 back in 88.

• 1 month later...