1/72 - Armstrong Whitworth Whitley Mk.V & Mk.VII by Airfix - released - reissue Mk. V boxing in Spring 2024

Homebee

Nice, was not expecting this one!

+1!

The CGI on the Airfix site also seemed to show the Mk VIII aerials. I hope that'll be a subsequent release!

regards,

Martin

• Like 2

I'll wait to see the parts breakdown before I get upset its only the Mk V that's been announced, but the Whitley is a little like the Blenhiem, capable of multiple boxings with just a few changes of parts. Airfix will wring the basic kit for all its worth until our pips squeek.

Super cool!

Although Whitleys were not used by Polish bomber squadrons, this type is very important for my country history: first SOE-trained Polish officers have been dropped from Whitleys. That's The True Legend in my country!

• Like 2

Really looking forward to this kit coming out, wasn't expecting to see it being made by Airfix but I'm glad they are, hopefully it leads to other boxings.

The Mk.V is the obvious choice being the most produced version, but it could easily be made into the Mk.VII, the difficulty would come if they tried to then make a Mk.III or Mk.I/II with the radial engines and different turrets etc but It'll certainly be interesting to see whether they make further releases.

Rich

• Like 1

Super cool!

Although Whitleys were not used by Polish bomber squadrons, this type is very important for my country history: first SOE-trained Polish officers have been dropped from Whitleys. That's The True Legend in my country!

Didn`t some Polish airmen serving with 138(SD) Sqn fly the Whitley? The unit did have a Polish Flight but that may have been later after the Halifax had taken over.

Great news about this release,........I`ll definitely be buying one!

Cheers

Tony

Another kit ticked to join my stash list for 2015.

Now I can study my references with a little more confidence after continuously putting them away once I compared these to my Frog/Novo Whitley. I just don't have the time, patience and probably skill to hatch this into something that I would have been happy with. This new excellent choice now takes all the pain away... Bravo Airfix - surely a Mk.1 Wimpy with options for the original turrets will be next.

Cheers.. Dave.

• Like 1