Portugal: 1:72 T-33 “Shooting Star”

The T-33A arrived in Portugal in 1953, at the dawn of the jets era, one year after the creation of the Portuguese Air Force as an independent branch of the military.

The first 15 aircraft, from the USA, had the task of flight training for the instruments and adaptation to jet aircraft pilots coming from the conventional and intended for F-84G fighters.

In 1957, the T-33A were the "Esquadra de Instrução Complementar de Pilotagem" (EICP) to reach the definitive designation of "Esquadra de Instrução Complementar de Pilotagem de Aviões de Combate" (EICPAC) with the mission to instruct pilots for the squadrons of combat.

The T-33 was to finish his career in the service of the Portuguese Air Force in 1990.

Portugal received 35 T-33, of which 30 (28 T-33A, 2 RT-33A) T-Bird - photographic reconnaissance version 5 and T-33AN Silver Star of Canadian origin. Flew about 65,000 hours.

No jet in the history of the Portuguese Air Force survived so many years and was so revered as the T-33.

t33_zps2eda74ba.png

Edited by luis pacheco

Hi Luis, how is winter in the Azores?

A great choice with the T33 - will you be reproducing this commerative scheme in your build?

Cheers

Cliff

(P.S. an admin note: The Mods are sensitive about us posting photographs that are clearly copyright. Could you edit your post please to provide a link to the photo, rather than showing the photo itself. This assumes that you don't have Paulo Mata's permission to use his photo, but for all I know you may have! Thanks C)

• 1 month later...

Very nice! I sometimes drink with an old Portuguese chap from Azores who fought in Angola in the 60s (I'm in Florida). Looking forward to seeing this one come together!

• Like 1