Britax Mini Cooper MkII 1969 BSCC

Latest finish for me and probably my last for 2014, Tamiya 1/24 Mini Cooper S converted to MkII spec (apart from larger rear window)

Britax campaigned 2 (Class B) cars driven by Gordon Spice and Steve Neal and finished 5th overall in the championship.

This has long been one of my favourite racing Mini's and, thanks to Rich Middleton who made the decals for me, I've finally been able to add it to my collection.

To convert the car to MkII spec I used the rear lights from a diecast model, front grille from the Fujimi kit, the badges were scratch made from plasticard and wire. Paint is Halfords Fiat Broom Yellow and general gloss Black.

Side windows were replaced with clear sheet as the kit parts are very thick and my kit had mould marks in one side.

The model is not highly detailed as I decided to glue the bonnet shut, this made it easier to use the Fujimi grille. Anyway, my goal has been achieved and I am more than happy to have this little racer in my display cabinet.

WP_20141221_007_zps6110eaad.jpg

WP_20141221_011_zps56165538.jpg

WP_20141221_010_zps243b37fb.jpg

WP_20141221_009_zpsc8a31436.jpg

WP_20141221_008_zps6152b769.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Steve.

• Like 10

Thanks folks, much appreciated.

Keith, sorry no Clubman on the horizon. I sold the resin body as it wasn't working out very well. I wish someone would do some Mini conversions with even a hint of quality. :owww:

Cheers, Steve.

Ah that's a shame Steve. You're not alone with that wish, especially a Clubbie of course! Think it may end up having to be ascratchbuild job. At least I have a good reference!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic job Steve looks awsome ! I think all the extra work you did with rear lights windows grille badges was well worth the time and effort and obviously a great job by Rich on producing the decals for you .

Mike .

• Like 1