*FINISHED* LEBANON: 1/72 LAF SE-3160 Alouette III

Thanks Cliff, a bit of educated guesswork for the troop seats. I could only see the top of the back rest in the reference photos; I found an interior photo of another alouette (maybe a civil one) and used that as a rough guide.

• Like 1

Well I'm pretty sure thats the interior finished now. Sorry the photos are a bit dark.

IMG_0619_zpsyk1fvftt.jpg

IMG_0621_zpslwu3kqsw.jpg

IMG_0622_zpspm511phj.jpg

IMG_0623_zpskoxttpr1.jpg

As well as adding some shadows and highlights ( I may have overdid it a bit) I've painted the ducting piece provided by whirlybits (I've added some cables and scratch built some head sets to add some visual interest).

IMG_0624_zpsubjlolyr.jpg

IMG_0625_zpsxp07qhvr.jpg

The clear parts have been masked and I'm hoping I can glue the two side pieces on to night.

I was a bit heavy handed with theses and there is now a small hairline crack on one of the doors.

IMG_0626_zpsrw7ltrho.jpg

As I had the airbrush out, I painted part of the main rotor (dayglo tips and blue grey blades). Not finished yet though...

IMG_0627_zpsjhfw4o0e.jpg

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Aaron

• Like 5

Thats very kind of you Henrik. However, I don't think the crack is too bad. I'm quite keen to get the clear parts on very soon as I'm away back to work next week (for 2 weeks) so won't be able to work on this. Ideally before I'm away I'll have the clear parts on and some more surface detail on the fuselage so I can get some primer on to dry / set for when I get back.

The crack is only about 4 mm long and to be honest will probably be unnoticeable when finished. I do appreciate the offer though, thank you.

Cheers

Aaron

Thank you very much guys.

I've managed to get all the clear parts glued on, The ducting sits further back than I thought so the poor chaps inside will have to dislocate their arms to reach for the headsets.

The masking tape might look a bit tatty but its paint. Im hoping it will look like the outline of a door when viewed through the clear plastic. I've also applied some green putty underneath.

IMG_0640_zpskuv5u56z.jpg

IMG_0639_zpshrzm2j8p.jpg

I've also started detailing the gearbox... finally!

IMG_0637_zpsb25oh1hl.jpg

IMG_0636_zpsl9fsixfd.jpg

still plenty to add to the gearbox, but its getting there.

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Aaron

Edited by milktrip
  • Like 5

In the photo the edges don't look straight. They are straight (well straightish) - I applied a line of dark grey paint where the doors would be and this has made the edges of the tape look a bit rough. I won't be at the February meeting :( but should be home for the one in March. I could bring all my current WIP's but not sure the table at the GHM would fit them all...

Edited by milktrip
  • Like 1

Hello,

I've finished detailing the gearbox / transmission deck and have applied a coat of primer. When Dry I can paint this area, glue it into position, mask it up and then continue detailing the fuselage.

IMG_0656_zpsnmfvocno.jpg

IMG_0657_zpsugzwyalo.jpg

after primer

IMG_0658_zpsij6wjjep.jpg

IMG_0659_zpsfkvunpdz.jpg

IMG_0660_zpstmbyvzwm.jpg

and a dry fit to see how it looks in situ. The Gearbox is a bit lopsided but overall I'm pleased. The black paint on the inside walls really works well. However, I think i will have to fit a partition in the hole so you can't look straight through the foot wells that I cut out (if that makes sense?

IMG_0661_zpsyfb6tcyu.jpg

IMG_0662_zps2zntlozz.jpg

As you can can see from the above photos I have also applied filler to the roof and sanded it smooth. I cut the light off and will either re-use the original part or fab' something up.

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Aaron

• Like 4

my mistake misread..

There is probably a quite large fuel tank located directly under the gearbox. Can see the filler cap just below the top foot well

Edited by hgbn
  • Like 1

Thank you very much guys.

Gearbox / transmission deck painted and wash applied. I also fitted the swash plate and control rods (the original kit part sanded thin and rods removed and replaced with brass) The little hinge bit was a small bit of plastic card. I also fitted a partition in the hole and painted it black and then glued the gearbox / trans deck piece in place. I didn't have my camera handy at my bench so again there are no in-between shots.

Its a shame as you can't really see the trans deck detail in the photos but I'm very pleased with how it looks.

IMG_0665_zpsksjlaebt.jpg

IMG_0666_zpsk4hc24kp.jpg

IMG_0667_zpskcseinmz.jpg

Gratuitous shot of the unfinished MRH in situ

IMG_0668_zpsht7k0e8w.jpg

The above were taken yesterday but I had a bit of an emergency so had to leave the house.

Below is the current state of the lark. Yes I actually took my camera with me into my workbench

IMG_0683_zpsvreuvfkr.jpg

filler applied and left to dry overnight. I'll give it a sand tomorrow then I can crack on with the surface detailing :D

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Aaron

• Like 3

but I had a bit of an emergency so had to leave the house

I sincerely hope nothing too serious; like the loss of all the models you built over the last year and a half? :badmood: Very much looking forward to seeing your models at club night tomorrow.

Cheers,

Nigel

• Like 1

Quite serious at the time, but all okay now thankfully :) . Regards my models - they have been located!! :D :D a team effort of locating them by the AMS.

Edited by milktrip
  • Like 3

Certainly looked great when seen for real at the club night. The photos don't convey the finesse these details possess in such a small scale.

• Like 2

:blush: thank you very much guys. I have to thank forums like this though where I've been influenced (if thats the correct word?) by other superb modellers to try things. Also, joining the club; as I still see myself as a novice in a lot of respects (airbrushing in particular). Joining the AMS has without a doubt helped me so much. I'm not very good with words so trying to explain is quite hard but it really, really has helped - so thank you fellas!

I've also met a lot of very nice new friends :)

anyway, enough of the sentimental stuff - its getting a bit soft in here

• Like 1

:blush: thank you very much guys. I have to thank forums like this though where I've been influenced (if thats the correct word?) by other superb modellers to try things. Also, joining the club; as I still see myself as a novice in a lot of respects (airbrushing in particular). Joining the AMS has without a doubt helped me so much. I'm not very good with words so trying to explain is quite hard but it really, really has helped - so thank you fellas!

I've also met a lot of very nice new friends :)

anyway, enough of the sentimental stuff - its getting a bit soft in here

Well, I can tell you that the work you're doing on the Alouette is sure inspiring for others, absolutely a great job on those details !

Edited by Giorgio N
  • Like 1

Thanks you Giorgio :)

I gave the clear parts a spray with the interior colour and a coat of Humbrol clear afterwards.

IMG_0695_zpsxj8dc8uj.jpg

I've also added some archer resin rivets to represent the panel screws that are quite noticeable on the side of the alouette III.

IMG_0696_zps8v8ltfzy.jpg

IMG_0697_zpshfr8a1mc.jpg

You can also see that I've added the top door rails too, added some more panel lines and even tried my trumpeter rivet wheel. These may disappear after a coat of primer but it was more for practice. If they can still be seen after primer then great.

IMG_0698_zpsktw1e1q7.jpg

IMG_0699_zpsp32fpylv.jpg

I've also decided to glue the rear wheel struts on now. They still need a bit of a clean up but I think it will be easier to do this with then glued in place.

IMG_0700_zpskqliuzcl.jpg

Maybe some small bits to do, then a clean and finally primer :D

I forgot to mention this when I was working on the cockpit. Although this kit isn't a tail sitter I still added some weight underneath the floor. For small helicopters where space to add weight is minimal (airfix gazelle is a prime example) I use this. a bit pricey for what you get but it is darn heavy and can be pushed / squished into all those nooks an crannies. This was bought from an online fishing store.

IMG_0701_zpsnjzfpgea.jpg

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Aaron

Edited by milktrip
  • Like 3