GB Chat

Well, that's my two finished and posted in the gallery. I've had a whale of a time! :bounce: Many thanks to CliffB, robvulcan and Col for hosting this one. What an excellent idea it was!

The same here.

Thank you very much to our hosts. This has been my first group build and it has certainly whetted my appetite for more of the same, in fact I am already building for 2 more and have signed up for a few more after that!

It has been great to see other builds progress and I have certainly learned a few things along the way. The help and advice that people offer to each other has been great, there has definitely not been any of the "that's my technique and I'm not sharing" that there is on other forums and this is really refreshing and encouraging. I believe I am here to stay!

Thanks guys.

Craig.

• Like 2

Well, that's my two finished and posted in the gallery. I've had a whale of a time! :bounce: Many thanks to CliffB, robvulcan and Col for hosting this one. What an excellent idea it was!

Same here - my 3 in - as per Enzo, thanks CliffB, robvulcan and Col for hosting and everyone for their encouragement and tips.

Now onto the Phantom II STGB! Cheers

Tim

• Like 2

Well, all good things must come to an end.......

A massive 'thank you' to all of you have supported the GB - I've really enjoyed seeing the imaginative range of sujects that you have offered up and of course your fantastic builds :thumbsup: .

I feel that extra special thanks are due to:

• Col: for stepping up at the last minute and being a brilliant co-host
  • Tom Cooper: for his invaluable support and advice to so many builds
  • Harpia Publishing: for their generous sponsorship by providing prizes for the poll

Thanks guys :)

I'll be putting up the poll later this morning and it will run for a week. Good luck everyone!

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 5

Well, I've really enjoyed this, my first GB. There have been some superb builds here, and some quite absolutely incredible schemes that you are never going to see anywhere else. Thanks to everyone who took part.

• Like 2

What a brilliant GB. Great idea, some fascinating types and colour schemes and great modelling. Thoroughly enjoyed watching some of the kits come together and great to see so many finishers. Thanks to whoever thought of the idea and to the hosts. Thoroughly enjoyable :thumbsup: Till the next time (what is my next GB entry? When does it start???) :bye:

• Like 2

I share the same feelings of many others here, it was a very good GB ! A good idea to start with, plenty brilliant entries, a lot to learn from each and every build. Thanks to all who made this possible ! I believe this will be remembered as one of the best GBs ever.

The only side effect of this GB is that I'm now drawn even more to the more exotic aviation subjects, I found myself browsing through pictures of South American and African air forces subjects quite often in the last few weeks....

• Like 2

Thanks for running the GB. It was nice to see some different subjects. I failed to finish, but I'm only a final coat of paint away. Too much work. The Sherpa will be posted in RFI when I get back and finish it.

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1

May I also say basically what everyone else is saying in that it was an interesting subject, with many different models built. Thanks again to the leaders and to those who helped along the way.

• Like 1

Afraid modelling has had to take a backseat to altogether too much real life,but I'm still glad I tried. Massive thanks to mein hosts for a great GB, there's some cracking models come out of it. I'll keep plugging away with what I've started and maybe one day I'll have something to show the BM massive.

• Like 1

This was the best GB-experience I've had so far.

My very special thanks to everybody involved: I've greatly enjoyed all the builds (no matter if complete or not), and company too!

• Like 1

This was indeed a great GB, sorry Algeria didn't quite make it to the end, the arrival of my son some what got in the way of me finishing!!!

You're excused Phil! Congratulations to you and Mrs SaintsPhil :)

Cliff

• Like 1

I'm on holiday at the moment, with only Internet access via my phone, but just wanted to say well done to everyone who completed a build in the GB and special congratulations to the three prize winners. I'll let Mish publish the formal results - just in case I'm not reading things right!

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 1

We doing this again next year?

:whistle:

Cor, rather. I might get a chance to finish one of mine from this year next year! (Because I'm sure that they are both less than 25% done. ;) )