GB Chat

Thanks Craig (and Jabba previously).

I hope you are going somewhere exotic and warm!

Cliff

Hi Cliff,

No problem with the Sabre.

Unfortunately no I'm not going anywhere warm and exotic, I'm going to Denmark.

Now don't get me wrong I have no problem with Denmark or the really nice Danes, but it's not exactly tropical at this time of year!!

And then there's the penance for having gone away, so not much modelling for a while.

I'm supposed to be going from the 9th for 2 weeks then back for the weekend and then away for another 2 weeks.

I know exactly what you mean Craig. I lost three weeks in the summer to a trip to India. Sounded great, but just cement works in the middle of absolutely nowhere.

Nice beer in Denmark though! Enjoy.

Cliff

Guys I did actually continue to battle with the Polaris this week but the dog - I mean Photobucket is broken currently and wont let me upload my latests developments.

Cliff if the Polaris and the oh so muchly watched Bulldog are ready in time I would be happy for them to go on display at Cosford.... assuming I can get them and me up to Cosford from Oxfordshire in one piece.... them mostly me I dont really care!

Guys I did actually continue to battle with the Polaris this week but the dog - I mean Photobucket is broken currently and wont let me upload my latests developments.

Cliff if the Polaris and the oh so muchly watched Bulldog are ready in time I would be happy for them to go on display at Cosford.... assuming I can get them and me up to Cosford from Oxfordshire in one piece.... them mostly me I dont really care!

Thanks James. That's 5 or 6 now, so beginning to come together nicely. Hopefully we can get a few more too..... :)

Cheers

Cliff

Is it still possible to join the group build? Serbia and Zambia seem missing from the list of the already taken countries and I'd like to fill the void with a Serbian and a Zambian MiG-21bis.

• Like 1

Is it still possible to join the group build? Serbia and Zambia seem missing from the list of the already taken countries and I'd like to fill the void with a Serbian and a Zambian MiG-21bis.

Hi JBr. Yes the GB is still open to new entries. I'll sign you up for Serbia and Zambia :welcome:

Cliff

Hi Cliff,

Slight faux pas on the Mozambique Mig-21 front, I don't have any decals for it! Thought I did, but that's what you get for having "too many sticker" apparently.

I do have some Mozambique markings for a Mig-17 so I might do that, only problem is they were all over grey, boring! I shall have a look to see what other of their aircraft I can do instead. Maybe a Mi-25.

Craig.

Hi everyone.

A little while ago, the idea was floated of possibly getting some of the models together from this GB for display on the BritModeller table at one of the shows that BM will be attending this year.

The Cosford show was mentioned (although within the context that as it will be on the 12th April, it would be before the GB had finished and hence possibly not appropriate).

Accepting this limitation, I was wondering how many of you would actually be interested in displaying your Lesser Built GB models at Cosford (I'm anticipating, for example, that my two should be complete by then)? This assumes of course that Mish would still be happy for us to do this (I haven't checked!).

Would anybody be upset (for whatever reason) if we were to display at Cosford? I don't know if there would also be a similar opportunity at a later show if we did do Cosford.

I mention this now, just in case there is a worthwhile appetite for displaying at Cosford and if so, to allow you to recalibrate your Build deadlines if appropriate. Given adequate time, we may be also put to together some simple display materials (even if it is just name tags for the models)

Please do share your thoughts on this - it is just an idea at the moment ;)

Cheers

Cliff

I'll show mine, so long as you pay the airfares and accommodation to bring me and the family across for the event? Thoughts?

• Like 1

I'll show mine, so long as you pay the airfares and accommodation to bring me and the family across for the event? Thoughts?

It's tempting. Let's wait and see whether we get any other F-5s offered first..... ;)

You'd have to pay your own museum entrance fee though.

Cliff

• Like 1

Its a great idea Cliff. Now if there is a safe way to wrap up a finished model so it be mailed safely and the shipping costs isn't to expensive both ways. Then I'll consider offering my build for display at Cosford. I can't attend myself unless I win the lottery or something like that. I wont promise anything yet.

• Like 1

Thanks Henrik, but to be honest, I really wouldn't trust any of my models to international post :fraidnot:

Maybe the answer is that BritModeller should attend a few overseas shows!

Cliff

Hi Cliff,

Slight faux pas on the Mozambique Mig-21 front, I don't have any decals for it! Thought I did, but that's what you get for having "too many sticker" apparently.

I do have some Mozambique markings for a Mig-17 so I might do that, only problem is they were all over grey, boring! I shall have a look to see what other of their aircraft I can do instead. Maybe a Mi-25.

Craig.

Craig, see the decals Tim Moff is using for his Malian and Angolan MiGs. There's one aircraft from Mozambique too. The only problem may be the 1/144 scale. Somehow it is too small for many people :-)

• Like 2

Hi Cliff,

Craig.

Craig,

not all the Mozambiquan MiG-17s were 'grey overall': actually, even the few you might recall as such were not 'grey', but 'Light Admiralty Grey' overall (means: light blue - or shall I say 'duck-egg blue' - overall).

But foremost: there was at least a batch of ex-East German AF MiG-17Fs (i.e. Lim-5s) delivered in 'original' East German livery to Mozambique.

They wore big bort numbers (yellow or orange, outlined in black, if my memory serves me well) too.

Drop me a PM with your e-mail address if you need any references.

• Like 2

Craig,

not all the Mozambiquan MiG-17s were 'grey overall': actually, even the few you might recall as such were not 'grey', but 'Light Admiralty Grey' overall (means: light blue - or shall I say 'duck-egg blue' - overall).

But foremost: there was at least a batch of ex-East German AF MiG-17Fs (i.e. Lim-5s) delivered in 'original' East German livery to Mozambique.

They wore big bort numbers (yellow or orange, outlined in black, if my memory serves me well) too.

Drop me a PM with your e-mail address if you need any references.

PM Sent, thanks Tom.

you're more than welcome to the spare decals Craig!

And actually the 1-144 isn't too bad with patience and tweezers and a good light source!

Thanks for the very kind offer Tim but Tom has come through with info on Mig-17's in Mozambique which were camouflaged so I'm going to go with that option as I already have the decals for it.

• Like 1

Hello guys, it seems i should be able to get back to work bench and to some building soon again, so i thought what could i build :) And i m sure its gona be P-40 for the P-40 group, but looking for some camo schemes, i did find some P-40N from Netherland East Indias Air Force, from Dutch New Guinea (1944) and thought if it would fit here too? Unless someone has taken this air forces already :)

• Like 2

Thanks Henrik, but to be honest, I really wouldn't trust any of my models to international post :fraidnot:

Maybe the answer is that BritModeller should attend a few overseas shows!

Cliff

Cliff, same problem here: I'd have no problem in making my models available for such a show, however I wouldn't know how to have them delivered to Britain from Italy without damage...

• Like 2

Hello guys, it seems i should be able to get back to work bench and to some building soon again, so i thought what could i build :) And i m sure its gona be P-40 for the P-40 group, but looking for some camo schemes, i did find some P-40N from Netherland East Indias Air Force, from Dutch New Guinea (1944) and thought if it would fit here too? Unless someone has taken this air forces already :)

Hi Wolwe82 and thank you for your interest in the GB.

As I can tell you have picked up, we have a 'one build' rule but unfortunately this is one build per nation. As I have been applying this rule, a regime change within a nation does not prompt an additional opportunity. The example that I usually quote is Rhodesia and Zimbabwe - only one build is allowed (either/or), not two. Following this logic, I think that the Dutch East Indies must be considered the same nation as modern day Indonesia and unfortunately this has already been taken.

Sorry for this.

Regards

Cliff