GB Chat

Hi Tim

I've got Uganda and Kenya but would give one up for someone who has none. If you are happy to keep Nigeria, Mali and Mozambique then I would prefer to keep KEN & UGA as I have now sourced kits. I do like the new NAF Jag colour scheme though and would have swapped but don't have a Jag in the stash.

Regards Roly

• Like 1

Just looked at the decals, Mozambique is a BIS model, I have the twin MF Mig-21's.....

Can I please change (sorry!) to Angolan (its free?!), Nigeria and Mali an African theme!

Anyone have any MiG21MF paint colour advice be appreciated - Decals - http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/JBR44001

(Mig21MF Angolan C30 3 colours, Mali MIG21MF either the quad colour or the light grey! - normally use Humbrol enamel!) - anyone who has experience, tips be appreciated - not done 1/144 before so will be new.

Sorry again for the change!

• Like 1

Can it be? I was looking through the decals and happened to see a sheet I bought a long time ago for T-33s. Uruguay is one of them, and I don't see it represented yet...

bob

Yes it can. I have just made it so.

Welcome to the GB Bob!

Cliff

Had a quick count through the number of seperate threads and we have 44 at this moment in time :yahoo: Still a few days to go with the promise of even more to come so this is certainly looking to be a busy and popular GB.

Hi Tim

Yes of course you can! Welcome to the GB.

Cliff

Well thank you!!

I came across this group build a bit late so thought all the good countries had already gone but there are plenty of countries still not represented. I googled "list of air forces" and a Wikipedia entry came up with all the nations and each entry has a list of the aircraft represented so if accurate (and why would it not be as its Wikipedia!) :winkgrin: , here's the current list of what I believe to be left:

Algeria

Armenia

Azerbaijan

Bahamas

Bahrain

Barbados

Belarus

Belize

Benin

Bhutan

Bosnia and Herzegovina

Brunei

Burundi

Cape Verdi

Central African Republic

Congo

Cyprus

Djibouti

Eqatorial Guinea

Fiji

Gabon

Gambia

Guinea

Guinea-Bissau

Guyana

Haiti

Honduras

Iceland

Kazakhstan

Kyrgyzstan

Lesotho

Liberia

Libya

Luxembourg

Macedonia

Madagascar

Malawi

Maldives

Malta

Mauritius

Moldova

Montenegro

Mozambique

Namibia

Nepal

Niger

Panama

Papua New Guinea

Rwanda

Senegal

Serbia

Seychelles

Sierra Leone

Slovenia

Sri Lanka

Suriname

Swaziland

Tajikistan

Tanznia

Tonga

Togo

Trinidad and Tobago

Turkmenistan

United Arab Emerates

Uzbekistan

Yeman (North and South)

Zambia

At the bottom of the Wikipedia list there is another list of now non existant Air Forces, which if the mods allow will give another 30-40 entries so there really is no excuse for not looking in the stash and finding something that fits!

Apologies if something in the list has already been taken.........

Best wishes for 2015 to all!

Regards

Tim.

• Like 1

At the bottom of the Wikipedia list there is another list of now non existant Air Forces, which if the mods allow will give another 30-40 entries so there really is no excuse for not looking in the stash and finding something that fits!

Thanks for this Tim - I love a good list!

Defunct air forces are quite permissible, as long as they are not just previous incarnations of an existing air force.

Cheers

Cliff

Gah!! Too slow again. My Burmese F-7 will still have to be a WIP instead of a GB entry :D

Andy

Just to let Cliff know, I've handed this over to Andy... I have a house move etc in Feb so I think I will really be pushed doing two subjects... so I'm just sticking with the RTA Mil-17 :)

Just to let Cliff know, I've handed this over to Andy... I have a house move etc in Feb so I think I will really be pushed doing two subjects... so I'm just sticking with the RTA Mil-17 :)

Thanks Radleigh - duly noted!

Cliff

• Like 1

Hi all,

Could I bag Honduras if it's still available please?

It will help give me a push towards carrying on my own Central and South American air forces build theme.

Thanks.

Craig.

Hi Craig

Yes that's fine. Welcome to the GB.

That's a great sounding build theme. How's it going so far?

Cliff

• Like 1

Hi Cliff,

The build theme is progressing, just a bit slower than I would have liked.

So far I've done Peru (Mirage 2000), Dominican Republic (P-47), Guatemala (P-51), Chile (Vampire), Uruguay (P-51) and El Salvador (F4U Corsair). The Honduran build will be an F-86, I'm using the new Airfix 1/72 kit.

Craig.

• Like 1

Hi Cliff,

The build theme is progressing, just a bit slower than I would have liked.

So far I've done Peru (Mirage 2000), Dominican Republic (P-47), Guatemala (P-51), Chile (Vampire), Uruguay (P-51) and El Salvador (F4U Corsair). The Honduran build will be an F-86, I'm using the new Airfix 1/72 kit.

Craig.

Pictures or it didn't happen :winkgrin:

• Like 1