GB Chat

Hey folks,

Sadly i'm gonna have to quit this GB,just found out today i'm gonna be moving house the end of January so thats gonna eat into any spare modeling time. Also since i'm the host of the P-40 STGB which will be running at the same time as this GB i feel i should put whatever spare time i do get into that.

I could hang on to my choices but i feel it only right to throw them back into the pot and make them available to other members.

The countries i had are:

Burma

Haiti

Nicaragua

Thailand

Uruguay

Sorry to the host's for messing them about.

Gary

No problem Gary, I am sure that a couple of those in particular, won't hang around for too long. As Col says, good luck with the move.

Cliff

• Like 2

One thing I've learned over the course of various GBs is we all build models at different rates so I've no objections to seeing participants tackling more than one choice so long as they are confident of completing them within the timescale.

Evening all. From Cliff's list today, North Korea seems to be free. Can I nab that (alleged cyber crime fostering) country please?

Icarus

Hi Icarus - welcome aboard, I've updated the list.

Cliff

Thanks Procopius. Maybe not free, but certainly bargain-basement cheap, given the state of its economy...

Anyway, my North Korean build will be a Tamiya 1:48 MiG bis. Posting to a web page nearby in the near future...

Icarus

Well, after watching all the entrants arriving, I'm getting the feeling that this GB may have been one of the best ideas CliffB ever had ? :thumbsup2: :thumbsup2:

Cheers Cliff.

mike (looking forward to seeing what's going to roll over the finish line)

• Like 1

this GB may have been one of the best ideas CliffB ever had ?

So you've heard about my previous ideas then Mike :winkgrin:

Seriously though, thank you for the compliment.

I have to agree with you that the range of entries so far is very impressive. That's all down to you guys!

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 1

This will help me, can I swap Ivory Coast for Myanmar/Burma and Thailand for North korea please?

Gah!! Too slow again. My Burmese F-7 will still have to be a WIP instead of a GB entry :D

Andy

Thanks Brad,

That's cool. It's really nice to see that we're quite a bunch which are hooked on lesser built, small countries and exotic markings. I have a binder which is dedicated for decals for lesser built countries and that is so full, That I soon really need to get another one.

• Like 1

Thanks Brad,

That's cool. It's really nice to see that we're quite a bunch which are hooked on lesser built, small countries and exotic markings. I have a binder which is dedicated for decals for lesser built countries and that is so full, That I soon really need to get another one.

You and me both. I've gotten quite a collection of decals from odd countries that I've bought cheap at swap meets or ebay for pennies on the dollar because people weren't interested in them.

• Like 1

I was looking at the 1/144 Mig21MF's for Mozambique/Mali poss Nigeria, or a 1/72 Jaguar for Nigeria....unless Uganda is up for grabs as it had a ? Mark. Again 1 of the Eduard twin Mig21's

I was looking at the 1/144 Mig21MF's for Mozambique/Mali poss Nigeria, or a 1/72 Jaguar for Nigeria....unless Uganda is up for grabs as it had a ? Mark. Again 1 of the Eduard twin Mig21's

Hi Tim

Roland Pulfrew (who originally reserved Uganda), has said that he may be willing to release it to a new participant if of particular interest to them. Can I suggest that you send him a PM to discuss? Let me know how you get on!

Cheers

Cliff