Best MiG-19 Farmer in 1/72nd Scale

Learstang

I have heard that akkura have reboxed some variant of the bilek MiG-19, but haven't seen one myself, so don't know for sure.

Just wish trumpeter would get off their backside and make the MiG-19 they have been promising us.

I will definitely second that. If they could just magically shrink their 1/32nd scale kit down to 1/72nd scale I'd be happy.

Regards,

Jason

Well Killingholme

Your comment made me do a google search and I found this

http://akkura.com.pl/en_US/c/172-AIRCRAFT/83/1/default/2/f_producer_39/1

Well here one really interesting thing is that it claime it contains resin parts so MY OWN GUESS that maybe is the Bilek kit, but no photos of the sproue shoots finded anywhere, maybe some seller can add them at Ebay (that happens all the time ) ahhh before I forget to mentioned Scalemates page have not registred this kit

Best modeling

Armando

Su-22, MiG-21PF, MiG-19 - all were produced by Bílek.

But Accura is a company from Poland and they do same types too:

Su-22 - Pantera/Mastercraft

MiG-21PF and PFM - Innex

MiG-19 - ZTS Plastyk/Mastercraft

Who can confirm?

Edited by 172flogger

Su-22, MiG-21PF, MiG-19 - all were produced by Bílek.

But Accura is a company from Poland and they do same types too:

Su-22 - Pantera/Mastercraft

MiG-21PF and PFM - Innex

MiG-19 - ZTS Plastyk/Mastercraft

Who can confirm?

Hi there

Well I only can confirm that the Pantera and MAstercraft Su-22 are the same kit with different variants can be made, including Fitter C / D models

Best modeling

Armando

I've always rather fancied doing an Su-17/22 Fitter - what's the Pantera/Mastercraft example like? I don't need perfect, as long as it's reasonably accurate (and cheap).

Regards,

Jason

what's the Pantera/Mastercraft example like?

A bit on the crude side, but a reasonable base.

Sprue shots here:

http://www.model-making.eu/products/Soviet-Sukhoi-Su-20M2-Los-Tigres.html

http://www.model-making.eu/products/item_name-191043.html

(Just for display purposes - I got burned by that shop...caveat empor and all that...)

Cheers,

Andre

I don't know what's the fit's like, but it looks quite nice to me. I'm a little surprised by your having trouble with this store - I've ordered from them a couple of times, at least, with no problems. At any rate, Andre, thank you for the links!

Regards,

Jason

Hasn't the proposed Trumpeter kit been on their future release list for at least three or four years? I too hope it appears imminently, but I'm not holding my breath. I think we may even see the new MiG-29 and Su-24 before they get around to fulfilling their promise to give us a Farmer.

The same team that have been promising us 1/72 Panther Ausf D & A since the dawn of time! :sleep_1:

• 4 years later...

Resurrection Time!

Well, I wasn't able to find the Bilek F-6 kit but the Modeling gods have smiled on me!

I had purchased the Pavla cockpit and a Mk.10 seat and was able to get some Pakistani A.F. decals from a few mates.  Then, lo-and-behold, I saw a set of resin parts for the Bilek kit and more decals for the kit on ebay and, "Voila!"  I had been wishing for this for a long time and now I can FINALLY build my Pakistani F-6!

Cheers,

WARDOG

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...